| stronger together |

REY

" We have to let him out. . ." I said as my eyes were trained on the holding cell from afar. Rose, Poe and I were standing in a small circle to discuss our plan. Poe stopped his pacing as he looked at me

" Rey, do you hear yourself right now? I know he's our friend but whatever inside of him isn't. If we let him out, we could risk the entire base getting destroyed by whatever that thing is." Poe said as he looked at me confused. I knew the risks that we would be taking. The power inside of him was too strong for the two of us to handle, the fact that it was being contained in a cell like a wild animal didn't help either. Just as we were brainstorming, we heard a eerie scream that ringed throughout the base. We turned to see Finn was on his knees with his hands on his head—screaming his lungs out like something was hurting him physically and mentally. We immediately ran over to the cell, banging on it to get his attention.

For the first time since we brought him here, we finally saw the Finn we all knew and love. He screamed for us to help him as his head continued to strained before he passed out

" Open it up!" Poe shouted to the technician who was reluctant at first but immediately complied after Poe shouted at him for the second time. We immediately carried him out of his cell as Rose and I supported him up to stand. He began to stir, shaking his head to get rid of his dizziness. He opened his eyes to see us as his mouth twitched into a small smile. Before we could do anything else, his eyes turned to the same creepy ones as he whipped his arms away from our grip, making us fall down. He pushed Poe aside as he began to run towards the hill. Poe and I immediately went after him as we ran and ran until we reached the top of the hill where Finn was waiting for us.

He smirked with an evil expression as he summoned his lightsaber. Instinctively I dodged it but it was a smidge too late resulting in a scar across my shoulder. I immediately placed my hand over the wound in response as I clenched my jaw to fight back the pain. Poe took out his blaster and began to fire immobilising shots at Finn whilst finding cover. But Finn wasn't slowing down. He began to make his way towards Poe, deflecting every shot with his lightsaber, causing the bolts to fly everywhere. I could see  Poe's breathing slowly getting heavier as he stumbled down. Finn smacked the blaster out of his hand.

Fighting all the pain I was feeling, I lunged at him when he suddenly force-freeze me in the air. I was in shock. The ability was not an easy one to master. Given the fact that he had only started his training months back made it even the more impressive. He began to lightly crush my body with his force grip, causing me to scream in agony and dropping my lightsaber to the ground. He would've crush me even further when Poe shoulder barged him, causing him to fall and me as well.

Poe immediately picked up the lightsaber, igniting it as Finn got back up on his feet. Finn started to close the distance between him and Poe, slowly but surely. Not having a vast knowledge wielding a lightsaber, he began to swing at Finn but it was easily parried. The momentum of the parry caught him by surprise as he left himself wide open for Finn to strike. Realizing it was too late, Poe held up his forearm in hopes to block the attack which surprisingly did.

" Beskar. . . " Finn sneered as he pushed his bodyweight on to Poe, making him drop to his knees. In desperation, Poe threw the lightsaber at me, helping me catch Finn off guard by injuring him. He laid off the attack on Poe as he screamed which prompted me and Poe to take the opportunity. We force-freezed him before I began to extract the dark force within him.

POE

Finn's screams were mixed with the distorted one as he fought it back from creeping back inside of him. I watched him carefully as the last ounce of dark power is extracted from his body. Finn fell down on the ground, exhausted. It all seemed done but then the energy began to try and latch it's grip on Rey. She screamed out as she fought it back but it was taking a toll on her.

Finn then got up , pulling the dark force away from Rey. I knew Finn couldn't do it by himself, especially considering his life force was nearly sucked dry by the dark entity but I had to help him. Gathering all my strength, we worked in unison as Rey was finally free from it's grip.

As a whole, we freeze the dark force in place as slow growing distorted scream began to grow loud. It was straining us, all of us were tired not just from holding it in place but also from the fight earlier.

Suddenly, a strong blast occured, knocking us back a good distance. My eyes immediately shot up finding her. She was tittering on the edge when she lost her balance, beginning her descent to the sharp rocks that awaited below.

"NO!" I screamed as I jumped towards her. I couldn't grab her wrist in time so I did the only thing that came to my mind. The Force.

Her descent slowed before it finally came to a complete stop. I sighed in joy as I slowly brought her up but my vision was getting blurry, fatigue was hitting my body like an X-Wing. I felt myself slowly losing grip with reality when a figure came up beside me.

" I'm here buddy." He said in an exerted voice as he grabbed on Rey's wrist, bringing her up. I felt my heartbeat go back to normal after knowing she was safe.

I turned over on my back as I felt the soft tufts of grass behind me. I took in the cold wind that blew as I closed my eyes. It may not be my bed but I couldn't care less.

" Give me a few. I'll catch the two of you back. . . at. . . base." I said as I drifted off to sleep

" Copy that, General Dameron." They chuckled in unison as they walked back to the base. Finally, after so long I felt at peace with the galaxy. I know what was ahead of me. A continuation of a legacy left behind and a new future with Rey.

well this is the end. took a while but finally got there.