| lost |

REY

I was asleep in my room after a tiring day at the base. I'd usually be hanging out with Poe at the cafeteria by now where there was literally no one but I felt like I needed to rest my eyes.

DREAM ∆

"REYY!!"

I opened my eyes to darkness as the sound came back, like an echo. One that doesn't stop. I thought if I just closed my eyes it would all just go away but it didn't. Instead it grew louder and louder and I cover my ears with my hands.

"REY!!!!! -EL- M-!!"

I recognize the voice. But from where? It sounded like Finn but it also didn't. I screamed out loudly before it died down. Realising it was quiet once more, I opened my eyes to see a tree, something called to me to which I walked closer. The leaves began to fall one by one, slowly before it picked up the pace as the tree lost all of its leaves. A corpse of its former self. I tried to turn my attention away but something was holding me there. I watched as the tree shriveled and died. It felt cold. Like all the warmth and happiness was slowly going away. Then a hand shot out of the ground, causing dirt to fly all over. A hand that seemed to be on the brink of death.

" Save. . . . me. . . " The voice said with a breathless tone.

I snapped my eyes open, sweating profusely from the dream as my breathing remained erratic. Whatever the dream was, it wasn't a good one. Someone was in trouble and I couldn't ignore it. I looked outside to see that it was once morning again as the sun shone on the grassy plains of Kef Bir. I took a quick shower before zipping out of my room, in search of Poe. I had to tell someone about what happened. I ran around the base before I finally found the man. He was at the new excavated site, overseeing the new repair bay Lando had planned to build. I pulled him to the side.

" What's up?"

" I know this is going to sound crazy and stupid bu-"

" Well Palpatine returned, so as far as crazy and stupid is concerned that takes the cake." He joked but with a serious face. The man was a puzzle honestly.

" Anyways. . . I had a dream. A weird dream and I heard a voice like Finn's. It was reaching out to me for help."

" Finn? You're sure it's him?" He asked as his expression grew more concerned with a slight hint of skepticism.

" It might be. The voice sounded familiar but also different."

" Don't you think Finn would've reached out to us if he was in trouble?"

" What if that was him? What if that was his attempt in reaching out to us?"

" Okay look I trust your guts but I can't just leave now. Let me get a few things done then we can both jump in a ship and find him alright?"

I gave him a wide smile, turning around to let him do his work. I headed to the cafeteria to grab some food and collect my thoughts where I coincidentally bumped into Rose. We both sat down together as we ate.

" So how are you and Poe?" She suddenly asked, arching her eyebrows. I must have turned a shade of red hearing the question because she chuckled at the sight of me after asking it.