ten

"Oi, look who we brought!" Fred shouted as we made our way to the Golden Trio's table.

We all sat down and Harry visibly stiffened, Hermione, albeit more discreetly, mimicking his actions as well.

I forced a smile on my face as I gazed over the group. Ron's face held a fierce blush as an uncomfortable silence took over the table. 

"Hi, I'm-"

"A Slytherin," Harry hissed, his face scrunching up.

I was taken aback by his tone, my mouth falling slightly agape, but I tried to blow it off. "Well yes, we both are," I chuckled, tilting my head towards Theo, "but I was going to say my name is Eleanor and it's a pleasure to meet you all."

Harry's eyes narrowed and Hermione's lips pursed together.

"I'm Nott. Theo Nott," My brown-haired friend said with a lazy smile.

"I hope we're not intruding, Freddie and George here wouldn't take no for an answer-"

"Why are you here?" Hermione asked, cutting me off.

Fred and George turned towards each other, brows furrowed in confusion as to why their friends were acting in such a hostile manner. 

"I-" But this time I was cut off by Ron.

"Blimey, Mione, relax," He said nudging her shoulder with his own. An inviting smile took over his face again as he made eye contact with me, his breath stuttered as he spoke again, "I'm Ron."

I returned his smile, brushing a strand of fallen hair behind my ear as I opened my mouth to speak again.

"No, Ron, it's a valid question. Why are you here? The both of you?" Harry cut in, crossing his arms against his chest. 

"Mate, we're just here for some butterbeer," Theo tried, a soft chuckle coming from his lips in an attempt to ease the tension. 

"I highly doubt that. You're Slytherins, nothing good comes from your bloody house. If I recall correctly all of the darkest witches and wizards are alumni of your venomous-"

My brows furrowed in frustration, "What's your problem? Why do you keep saying Slytherin like it's one of the forbidden curses?"

Harry scoffed, "It practically is. You lot are just a bunch of pureblood supremacists."

The Weasley's, Ron included, turned to Harry in shock. 

I cocked my head, baffled at the words coming out of his mouth. Theo sat next to me, fidgeting in his chair growing uncomfortable and flustered. I could tell the Weasley boys were growing embarrassed at their friend's behavior.

Hermione on the other hand seemed to find it justified as she crossed her arms over her chest and subtlety nodded her head in agreeance when Harry spoke. 

"So spit it out, why are you here? Come to play double agent and report back to your death eater friends? Did that prat Malfoy-"

"Watch it, Potter," I spat, suddenly growing protective as hurt and anger brewed inside of my chest.

The uncomfortable silence returned as we sat, glaring at each other from across the table. 

"Why did you bring them here?" Hermione whispered to the twins. "Are they your friends or something? What are you doing-"

"Let's go, Theo," I interrupted, grabbing his hand as I stood up.

Ron jumped up, reaching his hand out to grab my arm from across the table, "Wait, no! Don't go, I'm sorry-"