eleven

The game abruptly ended after Malfoy left.

Pansy and Theo kept dissecting his confession with Blaise adding unnecessary commentary every couple of seconds.

Cedric kept uttering apology after apology upon seeing how angry I was, but his apologies simply annoyed me which resulted in me kicking everyone out five minutes after Malfoy had left.

I slumped down in a worn brown leather armchair with my hands in my hair, trying to decide what to do.

Part of me wanted to run after Malfoy and make sure he was okay. That part of me wanted to hug him and apologize profusely. It wanted to comfort him and assure him that nothing bad would happen- to encourage his vulnerability and praise his truthfulness.

But another part of me- the logical part of me, wanted to just crawl in bed and go to sleep. Malfoy didn't need my help, and I know he doesn't want my comfort. He would probably spit in my face if tried to hug him, let alone acknowledge what happened tonight.

I grunted, tugging my hair in a frustrated attempt to stop myself from being incredibly stupid as I stood up from the plush cushion and walked out of my dorm.

I quietly walked the hall of the boys' dormitories until I came upon his room. I softly knocked and waited but got no response. I tried again a little louder this time but still no response.

I mumbled a slew of curse words as I pulled my wand from my boot and muttered alohomora.

Draco Malfoy. Always the drama queen.

But he wasn't here. I searched his bedroom and bathroom but it was as if he hadn't returned since this morning.

With furrowed brows, I quickly muttered colloportus before walking down to the common room.

There was only one more place I thought he could possibly be so with a quick promise to myself that if he wasn't there I would give up on my martyr's mission, I embarked on my journey to the Astronomy Tower.

As I neared the top of the stairs I saw his pale figure glow in the moonlight. He looked ethereal and it made me pause for a moment to admire his beauty.

His platinum blonde hair reflecting the moonlight created a halo effect around his head as his cheekbones soaked up the silver light, leaving the hallows of his face to bask in the darkness of the shadows.

His black suit-clad body was barely visible in the night, blending in with the atmosphere. You could only see his chest rising and falling in a constricted manner due to his toned chest struggling against the fabric of his pressed black shirt.

He looked like a Greek statue, one that commemorates a fallen soldier.

"Bloody fucking hell," He sighed aggressively, causing me to startle. "What are you doing here?"

I gathered my courage and mounted the last few steps, making my way over to him. "I just- wanted to check on you."

He bit the inside of his lower lip as his eyebrows furrowed together, "Why?"

I grabbed the railing and leaned my weight on it, mimicking his actions to the point where our hands were almost touching.

"I'm not sure."

A quietness blanketed us as we stared out into the night sky.

"It's quite beautiful. Do you know the constellations? That one there is-" I began pointing to a cluster of stars.

"I know the constellations, I'm not daft."

"Oh," I softly mumbled, my face faltering as I softly lowered my arm back down.