Chapter 5 - Eat-Off (1)

After entering the room and unwinding for a bit, Asuka and I immediately began filling each other in about our very first day here... Asuka was the first to start.

<ASUKA'S POV>

.

.

.

After Syo, Natsuki, and Cecil gave out their introductions respectively, it was almost time for the classes to start. Syo mentioned that the three of them had yet to finish their choreography lesson, so I guess it would just be Masato, Ayame and I heading forward.

(More than that, it's just going to be me and Hijirikawa-san since we are in the same class! Oh, Ayame.... I can't handle this without you...)

My inner thoughts were jumpier than I let out, but it couldn't be helped in the end. Ayame was in the S Class while I ended in A Class - the matter was out of my hands. I was worried about Ayame finding the way all by herself but Masato's detailed guidelines alleviated my concern somewhat. And so, parting from Ayame, Masato and I proceeded to our class.

(I'm pretty excited for my first lecture! I wonder how the teachers are like, and also the students. I hope they're all friendly...)

Masato's clear voice brought me back to Earth as we walked, "Kurashina-san, as this is your first day, don't waver to ask anything you don't understand. I'll try my level best to assist."

"Oh, if you don't mind then I will, thanks!" I returned a small smile.

We reached our destination in no time at all. Talk about quick when someone is effortlessly guiding you! I thanked him silently in my head. Though we were right in front of the shut door, I couldn't seem to step forward. The anxiety of being a new student started to settle in, freezing me in place. Why now of all times? Why when I'm not alone right now?

Masato seemed to sense the hesitation in my inaction to continue with him. Twisting his body slightly to make eye contact with me, Masato asked, "What's wrong? Are you afraid to step inside?"

I wanted to deny pretty badly, but a no response served as confirming his question. I just tried to stretch my sleeves to hide my palms. Silently, Masato slid open the door and disappeared inside. A short while later, he returned with a new face.

(Gah...! Tha-That's... He's--!)

"What's up Masa? Why'd you need to bring me out- Hmm??" Those light red eyes bore into mine with innocent curiosity.

"I-I'm Kurashina Asuka! It's n-nice to meet you...!" My bow was pretty sloppy, resulting from my fidgety state.

After all...

"Kurashina-san, this is Ittoki. Ittoki, she's one of the two new girls I mentioned yesterday." Masato stood in between us both, already starting on with the introductions.

"Ooohhh! I remember, I remember! Nice to meet you too, Asuka-chan! Like Masa already said, the name's Ittoki Otoya. Looking forward to working together hehe." Ittoki extended out his hand, and I shook it with a simple 'likewise'.

"Well, come on in! Ahh, I'm so happy we got a new student! Lately, the S Class is the one which's growing that it's hard to keep up." Ittoki commented while motioning inside, clearly indicating his satisfaction for a new, fresh face.

I must admit, it's true what the fans say about him. He really does have some kind of talent in relaxing those around him, all the while keeping it fun and exciting. And it's also very like Masato to show his kindness in the most implicit of ways, tipping more to the sidelines. Now I felt dumb for worrying about how everyone would treat me on the other side unknown to me - this is the A Class.