Chapter 8 - Masato's Penalty

<ASUKA'S POV>

.

.

.

Leading to the situation so far was the unexpected call of Ringo-sensei which was actually directed towards me. The headmaster apparently thought it was in my favour to have to go to a certain agency by the name Silver Team Corp - or S.T.CO for short. On one hand, the hamper in today's schedule made me wonder what was awaiting at this agency, but on the other, not being able to tell the obscured made me pretty anxious.

I don't know how much time passed with me awaiting a certain yellow cab, all to no avail... That is, until I heard my name being called out from behind - the person who most provides me with repose popped up uninformed.

Along with Ayame, we waited some more for the cab until it's dramatic... and bizarre appearance. I don't know how the teachers or even the headmaster trusted an impulsive driver like this man to carry 2 girls to a destination that - in my guess - is pretty far off from Shining Academy. All I could do was keep praying in my mind for all of this to pass without any major hiccups.

"I'm pretty excited about what's going to happen when we get to the agency, well, that is if we arrive in one piece aha..." Ayame mumbled, still looking agitated concerning the position that we were in.

"The only thing we can do is hope for the best, right?"

"Yeah!" 

We both nodded our heads in unison in an attempt to reassure our anxious feelings. The two of us continued to make tiny chatter, from how the day had been progressing for each of us to topics completely unrelated. And just like that, the 20-minute journey had eventually come to an end and it thankfully went by smoothly! After giving our regards to the driver and exiting the vehicle, Ayame and I deliberately approached the looming, sky-high building.

"Woah! I've never ever seen an agency this massive before! I wonder what lies beyond these doors!" 

Ayame's jaw dropped in amazement the moment she laid her eyes on the monumental construction that was standing in front of us. The exterior was polished a dull cerulean blue, with the almost crystal windows glinting as the sun's ample streaks bounced off - right down to the last corner, the chiselled architecture in its entirety was pure eye-catching. Even a normal pedestrian can tell this as a huge famous corporation, close to the point that it was domineering.

I gulped shortly before Ayame and I took our first step inside. As you'd expect, the interior was equally lavish and professional; perfectly complimenting the external as a whole. Some parts were cluttered with technical equipment - I'm guessing this is also an IT company of some sort - while the rest comprised of a massive common lounge, a coffee corner, etc. Yet, there was a variance of an adept and experienced vibe with a casual, informal one.

(Isn't it hard to switch from a professional worker to a leisurely side? I wonder how that would feel.) 

My inner impressions were short-lived as Ayame's voice suspended any further train of thought,

"Asuka, I think this is where we're supposed to be going... Ah, let me ask the front desk!"

"Good idea. Our names must be on the register, right? If we were supposed to be visiting such an agency, surely the headmaster didn't leave us out as 'uninvited', or without an appointment..." I followed behind as we made our way to a friendly-looking woman in an all-black suit.

"Excuse me. Umm, we were told to be here by this time." Ayame set her arms on the desk, grabbing the lady's attention.

"Alright, please wait a moment. Names, please?"