Let It Go

At long last, Elsa’s fears began to melt away as she made her way up the snow-covered mountainside. Her heart soared with newfound freedom as her magic flowed around her, creating elegant shapes in the snow that swirled in the air.  She could finally embrace her powers, here, on the mountain, far from the home she had once known.  She took a deep breath as the crisp, cool air filled her lungs. Glancing at the fjord far below her, she then turned her eyes upwards, to the peak of the snowy mountain. 
She laughed in pure joy as she celebrated her escape from the constant fear and self-restriction.  As she danced, her heart sang out with a new clear voice that she had kept buried for so long.  She neared a great crevice in the mountainside, and with a wave of her hand, she created a beautiful icy bridge spanning the chasm.  At the end of the bridge, she looked at the clear space around her and stomped her foot on the ground, creating an elegant snowflake design.  She let her power flow through her as the ground below her began to rise into an icy floor.  Within moments, she had created her own beautiful and ornate castle, complete with a chandelier of ice that sparkled like diamonds.
She threw away her small golden crown and released her bun into a flowing braid.  She then covered the skirt of her coronation dress in a thin layer of ice that sparkled and shimmered as it spread down her arms and to a shining train behind her.  She walked to the balcony, feeling more like herself than ever before as her soul grew in strength.  She faced the rising sun and sang out a clear, powerful note that resonated in her very bones.  Then, with a dramatic flourish, she returned to her castle as the doors slammed shut behind her.

Jack’s heart soared with Elsa’s bright, joyous voice as she sang, exalting her freedom.  He raced in the air alongside her as she created wonderous things with her powers.  He rejoiced with her, his heart overflowing with jubilation at the sight of her smiling and laughing again after so long of being surrounded by sorrow.  He marveled at her abilities as she formed a great castle, something he had never dreamed of being able to do.  He flew around the room as it grew from the ground, gazing with awe at the intricate details. 
When he looked back at Elsa, she had transformed.  Her dress had been covered with the thinnest layer of ice and was now beautiful and delicate as it glimmered with every movement.  Her hair was in a loose, flowing braid that hung over one shoulder, and, best of all, her eyes were full of confidence and freedom.  Jack’s jaw slackened in awe as he gazed at the beautiful, powerful queen before him.  His heart raced as his knees began to weaken.  He leaned on his staff for support as he took in every detail of her beauty. 
Still gazing at her as she walked to the balcony as the dawning light sparkled on her dress, Jack’s hands began to move, forming a block of ice.  With every slight movement of his hands, a small chip fell from it.  He poured all his feelings for the spirited queen into the ice carving until he was holding a tiny replica of Elsa.  The minute statue was as delicate and lovely as the queen herself, because it was made to show how he saw her: beautiful and full of magic, capable and heartfelt. 
As she turned to leave the balcony, he quickly set the ice figurine on a small table by the doorway leading to the stairwells.  He backed away from it and waited in anticipation, his heart in his throat as he waited for her to see it.  She nearly passed by it, but something about it seemed to call to her, for she turned suddenly, just before she left the room.  Her hand flew to her lips as she gasped softly.  She dropped to her knees beside the table and gently lifted the statue, placing it in her palm to study it.
“It’s just like the ones I used to make as a child,” she breathed.  Jack remembered the ice figurines she would make to tell stories to Anna and play together on the floor of the castle.  She smiled at the happy memories, but turned her attention back to the figure of her before her thoughts could go to sadder things.
“But I don’t remember making you…” she added, turning it over and over in thought.  Her gaze found its face, and she tilted her head slightly as she studied it.  The corners of her lips turned up again as she saw the joyful look in the statue’s eyes.  She seemed to reach a decision, and slipped it into the slim pocket of her dress. 
As she left, Jack leaned against the wall, smiling widely.  Whether she could see him or not, at least he had managed to bring her joy after all.