Stowaway

"So, dad! I was thinking--"

"No. Nope. Nah ah."

You stared at your father's back in disbelief as he worked away, adding features to his latest suit. 

You had, mistakenly, hoped that if you asked now, while he was distracted, he would be more likely to agree. 

But he hadn't even let you finish talking.

"You didn't even hear me out!" you complained, and quite justly if I may add. 

"Didn't need to. I know exactly what you were going to say." answered your father, his back still turned to you, "I know everything, remember?"

You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, "No, you don't. Right, J.A.R.V.I.S.?"

"Sorry, sir." the A.I.'s voice spoke, seemingly out of nowhere, "But I have to agree; Miss Stark is correct."

"Thanks, J.A.R.V.I.S." you chirped victoriously.

"Traitor." you heard your father say under his breath. 

Your father finally turned around to face you. Anyone who saw him now would probably be a lot less intimidated by "The Invincible Iron Man". Or maybe that was just you. Spending most of your life with a person makes it hard not to realize how much of a dork they can be. 

Tony Stark would always be your goofy father in your eyes. 

Even if he was staring at you with his "no nonsense" look at the moment. 

"You can not come with me.  It's too dangerous."

You sputtered and scoffed incredulously, "I was-- I didn't even--  I was not going to say that!"  

Tony raised an eyebrow at you; he knew you too well.

You sighed and relented, "Okay… I was maybe going to ask that a little."

"'A little'?" Tony shook his head, "What does that even mean?"

"Well…" you dragged out the word thinking of what to say, eventually you just settled for whatever decided to pop out of your mouth, "It means I go with you guys, kick one ass and then get back on the quinjet! No harm done!" you finished, proudly puffing out your chest and placing your hands on your hips. 

"Am I supposed to believe that you were actually going to ask for just that?" he asked, sarcastically. 

"Um, no." you answered, feeling a bit defeated, "But..! If I ask that instead, will you say yes?" you finished, hope clear in your voice. 

Tony hummed thoughtfully, "Hm, I don't know. Let me think." He paused for about half a second before answering, "How about no?"

Your father turned to continue his armor's upgrades, clearly done with this conversation. But you weren't done with this conversation!

"But, dad…" you whined, "I'm an adult…"

"Sorry, I couldn't quite make out your adulting over all your whining." he said nonchalantly. 

"I can help! You know I can!" 

You desperately tried to convince the stubborn Tony Stark to change his mind. Luckily for you, Y/N Stark was just as stubborn. 

It didn't take too long before Tony sighed and turned around to frown at you. 

"Please?" you asked, like a child asking for candy.