Changing Fate

"Wakey wakey, Y/N."

You stirred uncomfortably, getting even more dust and dirt all over yourself. Sitting up slowly, you came face to face with something despicable from behind metal bars.

Scoffing you spoke, "Hey Hal, how are the pod bay doors coming?"

"Funny. Funny, just like our dear old dad." Ultron said.

You grimaced, "Don't you dare say that!"

"Aw, come on, sis." He mocked.

"I have a brother and it sure as hell isn't you!" You spat.

"Brother?"

Only now did you notice you weren't alone. You cringed and look up as a different voice spoke.

"What do you mean by that?" Wanda asked.

Both of the twins had gobsmacked looks on their faces. You were pretty sure Ultron would be smirking if he could. You stood up to get on the same level as them and stepped forward.

"Woah, careful there!" Ultron gestured at the steel bars, "They're electrified."

This absolute jerk... You wouldn't be able to teleport out of here. That's what he was telling you. You were trapped and he wanted you to know it.

As if that would stop you from trying.

Then Ultron finally addressed the twins, but not to answer their questions. "Wanda," he said, "I'll need your help on a little field trip to Korea... Pietro, make sure our guest is cared for." With that Ultron turned to walk away. The twins shot each other a look and then Wanda walked away, following Ultron.

When it was just you and Pietro, he finally looked you in the eye.

"You're Tony Stark's daughter."

It wasn't a question.

You glared at him, "Yeah, what of it?"

He raised an eyebrow, "You take pride in being related to a murderer?" His tone was cynical.

"My father is not a murderer." you seethed.

Pietro wasn't convinced, "Tell me, what use is a trigger if no one ever made the bullet?"

You stayed silent. Analysing. Your father had made weapons, of that you were very aware. But he'd seen the error of his ways and changed.

...Maybe he hadn't changed soon enough?

You sighed, "Look, Pietro, I don't know what you've been through. But I can assure you my dad isn't the same guy he was before."

Pietro scoffed and continued to glare at you, "Is that supposed to bring my family back?"

You didn't back down from staring at him, despite how uncomfortable you were. You couldn't defend everything your dad had done, but you knew he wasn't a bad person.

But that wouldn't ease Pietro's suffering.

"I'll never be able to say anything that will make you feel better. I know that. But right now, my dad is trying to make up for his mistakes." You looked down at your hands and then back up at the speedster, "Ultron." You took a breath before continuing, "He created Ultron, and now there's a murderous AI on the loose. Ultron is going to be just as bad if not worse than any bomb or missle my dad has ever put his name on. He's trying to stop Ultron before it's too late." As uncomfortable as it was you stared into his eyes, hoping to reach him, "I'm not asking you to forgive him. But if you have to choose a side, please don't choose the side of the weapon hellbent on breaking up even more families."