Different perspectives

You stood on the coast of Africa, one hand in the pocket of your hoodie, the other resting on the trunk of a palm tree. You looked at the salvage yard in the distance. It has taken you a while to find the right place, but you knew the Avengers had to be a few hours behind you, so you weren't that worried. Adding to that the quick, super speed aided search you had done of the salvage yard; your mission had turned into more of a lookout than an attack.

Ultron and the Maximoff Twins should be here by now, you thought, where could they…

You halted your train of thought as something felt weird. You got the horribly uncomfortable feeling that you were being watched. You activated your image inducer just in case and kept your guard up. You quietly stalked through the collection of palm trees. The palm trees served as a type of barrier, limiting the area an attack could come from.

You looked around cautiously, seeing nothing but the wave of the leaves with the breeze. You looked up, not wanting to overlook anything. You found nothing. It seemed you were alone. But something definitely felt off.

But what… Wait. You couldn't feel a breeze, you couldn't feel it earlier either. There was no breeze.

Your heart rate quickened and you tried to decide the best course of action as quickly as you could. But as you were about to put your plan into action--

"Fancy seeing you here." you heard a voice with a strong sokovian accent say.

You quickly pivoted on the ball of your right foot, harshly swinging your other leg with a turning kick aimed at the man's head.  But he moved before, you could make contact and you lost your balance as a result.

"Have you ever heard of a thing called talking?" he said from behind you with a hint of amusement in his tone of voice.

You turned around with a scowl, only for his relaxed posture, as he leaned on a palm tree, to anger you further. You clenched your fists, but did not react further; you had to calm yourself first.

"What?" he asked, surprised, "Not going to keep attacking?"

"So you can keep dodging and making me look like a fool? I think I'll pass." you answered sarcastically.

His smile widened and he walked towards you at normal speed. You stood your ground as he approached.

"Are the other Avengers around?" he asked as if it was an innocent question, but you knew otherwise.

You calmed yourself and put one of the very first skills you had ever learned in your life to good use, "They're around." you said, as believably as possible, "But there no 'other Avengers', it's just 'the Avengers'. I'm not one of them."

He looked at you, clearly unconvinced. You tilted your head as you spoke again, "Believe whatever you want, Speedy González. It's your problem, not mine."

"I meant no offense." he assured with a smile that immediately morphed into a smirk, "But I was sent ahead to scout the area. And I've already checked everywhere else." He sped around you and leaned down to whisper in your ear, "I know you're lying, Little Blue."

You turned around to kick at him, and like last time, he moved before you could. Thankfully, you were expecting it, so you didn't lose your balance.

"Not to be rude," he said from somewhere beside you, and you turned towards the direction of his voice, "but you're looking a lot less blue, Little Blue."

You snickered and raised a finger to your lips, "It's a secret."

"Too bad," he started before speeding closer, "the blue suits you." He sped away, again avoiding your attack.