Forgiveness

"It's OK," Marinette said.

"W-Wait, what?" Chloé was stunned at the answer. She didn't expect forgiveness.

"It's OK," the girl repeated. They both pulled back from the hug.

"After all that I did to you?"

"Well..." Marinette began. "If you're willing to become a better person. It'll take some time for me to really forgive you."

"OK," Chloé said, tears still welling in her eyes. The two girls looked at each other as if they were two old friends that were finally reunited. Then, a miracle occurred.

One of those rare, shiny smiles drew up on Chloé's face. A glimmering one that matched her eyes which were welling with tears. Like one that was always there, but only truly looked happy when the sun was out. And of course, the sun was finally out. Saved from the clouds, the personality, she was born into and shone down onto all the millions of sunflowers. Onto that sunflower with many many little petals, which immediately perk up in surprise. Slowly, the sunflower realizes the truth. The truth about the sun. That the sun was there the entire time, the sun had been there simply waiting for the clouds to go away. She saw for the first time in years. The sun, the happiness in making others happy. The happiness in pure forgiveness. The truce that had just been signed with not due date, no end to it. She continues to smile, her beautiful, sunny smile.

Her Sunflower Smile.