Chapter 2

It's Monday morning at the train station in London. Y/N, Luna, and their father were waiting by a stone wall with their luggage all ready to go, waiting for the Weasley family to arrive. Y/N was a little tired though, trying to stay awake. Luna took a glance at him, giving a nudge to his arm. 

"Y/N?" he didn't reply, staring off into space. "Hey, Y/N?" Luna waving her hand in front of his face. Catching her trying to get his attention, he looked over to her. "Oh Merlin, sorry Luna. Must have gotten...distracted." She scoffed. "You know I can tell when you are lying right? You're hesitating." Noticing he did, Y/N rolled his eyes. "It's not a big deal. Just a bit tired," Y/N replied while looking away. Luna was still concerned. He knew that Luna will always somehow get him to tell her what's on his mind. Why? Because Y/N trusts her...and she was a good listener. We all need those in our lives. Feeling her eyes on him, he gave in. "Okay fine. I didn't sleep well..." Luna relaxing she proceeded, "Did you have another nightmare?" Y/N nodded, looking down. Luna reached out to hold his hand. "Do you remember what it was about..?" Still looking down, he replied, "I don't remember the story, but I remember the important details." Y/N paused, taking a deep breath. "I remember being, lost. Like, in a field. I was yelling for help, but no one answered." Luna gave his hand a squeeze, making him relax. signaling she is listening, "Y/N," Luna added. "Have you been feeling...like you don't fit in? or have you been struggling with anxiety lately?" 

Y/N looked at her again. he signed. "Well, anxiety for the most part. It could just me being the new student." She nodded. "That's understandable, and, the fitting in part?" Y/N scoffed with a smile. "Please, I could fit in with anyone! even muggle-borns!" proceeding to say gaining confidence in himself, making Luna laugh. "There's the Y/N I know. Always proceeding with confidence, even at his lowest." Y/N and Luna both laughed together until they were interrupted by a family approaching you. 

Xenophilius approached them with a handshake. "Mister Weasley! Oh, Misses Weasley! a pleasure to meet again. How are you and your family?" Y/N took it in, it was the Weasleys. Luna was right, they are a big family. Their father kept talking with Mr. and Ms. Weasley until he mentioned Y/N. "Oh, my apologies. This is my eldest son Y/N. He's going to Hogwarts this year. He is going into their 6th year." Y/N waved at them, giving them a proper greeting. Miss Weasley approached him with a small, warm hug. "How wonderful! I've been dying to meet you for so long darling! You are going to love Hogwarts." Y/N pulled away to reply. "Thank you, Misses Weasley. I can't wait to attend, especially with Luna." He replied with a grin looking at Luna. Misses Weasley gave a reassuring smile before hugging Luna. No later than that, Mister Weasley approached Y/N with a handshake. "How are we doing Mister Lovegood? or should I say Mister Y/N?" Y/N chuckled at what he was told. "Either is fine. Makes me feel special." Mister Weasly laughed with Y/N after pulling his hand back. "You've got a good sense of humor Y/N! Which reminds me..Fred! George! Get over here!" 

Y/N then saw two tall long haired gingered teenage boys approaching Mister Weasley. "Fred, George, this is Y/N Lovegood. He is going to Hogwarts this year, also going into their 6th year." They looked at Y/N, studying him. Smirking, he asked "Heard you guys know what humor is? I could use someone to joke around with." The twins then got excited. "Are you kidding?" George started. "Humor is what we are all about." Fred finished. "Great, hopefully, this makes us good friends. Do you like pranking?" Y/N asked making Fred excited. "Merlin yes! George and I love to prank, especially on the teachers at Hogwarts. Well, mainly the mean ones." Taking in interest, Y/N added how he liked to prank people for revenge. Geroge added how he couldn't more agree. Y/N then proceeded to the other twin. "George, what about you? What do you like about pranking and jokes?" George as well got overjoyed by his comment, loving the attention. "I love the adrenaline you get when waiting for the prank to happen! Also, seeing people laugh at my joke. Reassures me that it was funny." He said with a smile. The three boys were then interrupted by Y/N's father, telling them it was time to leave for the train. 

Y/N was then met with a stone wall. Misses Weasley explained what he had to do. She let the Twins go first, showing Y/N that it was okay. His eyes went huge when George and Fred disappeared through the wall. He had seen magic like this, but sometimes Y/N still wasn't used to it. After knowing it was safe to go, he grabbed his trolly and ran up to the wall, going through it. He then saw the 9 3/4 sign on the wall in front of him, next to a train that had "Hogwarts Express" on the front. After knowing he was in the right place, Luna and Xenophilius appeared behind him. "Okay, ready to board you two?" Xenophilius asked Y/N and Luna. Y/N and Luna nodded at him. "Great. Let's get you boarded then." 

Y/N and Luna were all settled and ready to board. They said their goodbyes to their father Xenophilius. He reminded them to write to him at last once a week. Xenophilius struggled with separation anxiety and needed to know if his kids were going to be okay, knowing Hogwarts always had trouble to come. Y/N promised that they would and assured him everything will be okay. The Lovegoods shared a group hug before Luna and Y/N boarded. They got situated in their carriage on the train, having it all to themselves. After everyone was in their carriages, the train departed, leaving for Hogwarts. 

Half an hour passed by. Y/N was reading a book while across from him, was Luna reading some newspaper articles. He signed loudly of being bored, trying to catch Luna's attention. She looked up from her newspaper, asking if everything was alright. "Eh, I'm just bored," Y/N responded while ending with a laugh. Luna signed, "Why don't you catch up on some sleep? Don't wanna be exhausted when getting sorted into your house." She had a point. Didn't want people to think Y/N was an insomniac, even though he is. "Fair point. Don't wanna look more intimidating than I already do." He replied with a smirk before resting his head on the window, looking at the weather outside. It was raining softly, making him relaxed and tired. "I'll wake you up ten minutes before we arrive, sound good?" Luna added before Y/N almost fell asleep. Still looking through the window, He replied, "Yeah, that would be fantastic." After that, he fell asleep to the soft rain. Luna giggled to herself before returning to her newspaper, she started talking to herself.

"Dear Merlin, please give Y/N a carefree, normal school year. I don't think he can handle another year of abuse..."