Chapter 5

The feast ended shortly after that moment. Dumbledore excused all the students to their dorms. Luna helped Y/N to the Ravenclaw Common room since that's where the Ravenclaw dorms are located and he still didn't know his way around Hogwarts quite yet. "Wait, so no one other than Ravenclaws can enter our common room? That's bloody wicked but at the same time dumb." Y/N said to Luna on the way to the west side of the school. Luna rolled her eyes, "It's for security reasons, Y/N. It's the same for other houses as well, but what's different about our security, instead of a password, it's riddled." All of a sudden they were met with a painting of a person outside the Ravenclaw common room. 

"Ah, new Ravenclaws I see. Welcome to Hogwarts. If you didn't know already, our passwords will be riddles. However, they will change daily for security reasons." The Ravenclaw students mumbled to each other, mainly on how skilled they are at solving riddles. "Now, where do vanished objects go?" The painting spoke up. It was pure silence until Luna responded. "Into non-being, which is to say, everything." The crowd went silent. "Well done, Lovegood. Hopefully, your brother will catch on to your knowledge." Luna smiled in response while Y/N was impressed with Luna's knowledge on solving riddles, not that he can relate. The painting then moved to the side to expose the doorway to the Common Room. The Ravenclaws then walked into a room with a ceiling of stars along with comfortable blue furniture along with bookshelves filled with old books that you could read all day and not stop till you finished. 

"Hello, I'm Robert Hilliard, I'm the Prefect for Ravenclaw. I expect brilliant behavior and academics. Now, The boy's dorms are to left and the girls are to the right. Your luggage should already be there so get settled and prepare for classes tomorrow." Everyone proceeded to their assigned dorms but Y/N and Luna were the last students to leave. "I'll see you in the morning, Y/N. We'll discuss our class schedules at breakfast!" Y/N nodded in response, "Yeah, goodnight, Luna." The two siblings then left to their assigned dorms. 

Y/N reached his dorm and to his surprise, there were no roommates.  There was a full-sized bed instead of three twin-sized beds. He had a dorm all to himself. While browsing around the dorm, admiring the scenery, he noted an envelope on his desk. He grabbed the envelope to open it and started to read it.

Dear Y/N Lovegood,

You may have already noticed that you are not sharing a dorm with other Ravenclaw boys. To answer your question as to why your father has requested that you have a dorm to yourself while attending Hogwarts due to personal reasons. I have happily accepted this request so please treat this room with care. I hope you have a great year here and in Ravenclaw.

Sincerely, Headmaster Dumbledore.

Y/N put folded the paper and put it away in the drawer to his desk. "Thank you, Merlin." Y/N signed loudly with a smile. He then glanced over to his luggage, walking over to start unpacking. He placed his tops in the closet, bottoms in the dresser, books and supplies on his desk next to his handbag, and wand on his bedside table. After putting away all his belongings, he noticed the last items in his suitcase, bottles of alcohol. He took a deep breath before closing his suitcase and putting it under his bed. He did his nightly routine before heading off to bed. Before falling asleep thoughts starting running to his head. 

How will he keep this up?