Chapter 3

The train came to a stop causing Y/N to jolt forward and wake up. He rubbed his eyes trying to wake before confronting Luna on why he didn't wake him up. "Sorry about that Y/N. I forgot to mention that I usually get off the train last to avoid traffic with the other students. So, you have about five minutes to fully awake yourself." She added while putting down her magazine. Still trying to fully awake, Y/N looked out the window. It was late at night and admired all the students leaving the train with their luggage and getting on carriages that you guessed took you to the school. He then got interrupted with his viewing when Luna asked a question.

 "So, what are you expecting when getting sorted into your house?" She added while packing up her luggage to prepare to leave. Y/N didn't really give it that much thought. "I could care less honestly, I don't get what's so important about getting sorted into a house. Do I really need one to define who I am? and I don't even want to know the stereotypes of each house." Y/N chuckled towards the end of his statement. "Well, the way I see it is that you are around the people who relate more to your interests and personality. Also as well as a family." Luna did have a fair point. Maybe this is an opportunity to find more people more like you, unlike the last school. "Fair point. Well, we better start heading off now. The crowd has died down so let's go catch a carriage." Y/N and Luna then started heading off the train with their luggage until one of the employees said they would take it to their dorm rooms. After handing off their luggage they headed over to the carriages until Y/N was met with a dark creature that was pulling the carriage. 

"Hey, Luna, who are these creatures?" Y/N questioned while getting into the carriage. Luna looked over at them away from her magazine. "Those are Thestrals. They are known for as omens of misfortune and aggression by many wizards because they are visible only to those who have witnessed death at least once in their life." Y/N then remember his mom. He and Luna witnessed their mom dying. It was so traumatizing that they see creatures that not a lot of other wizards can see. Luna didn't say anything, just kept reading her articles. Until another group of students showed up. One was questioning the Thestrals as well, asking their friends if they see them as well and they shooked their heads. Then, Luna spoke up. 

"You're not going mad," she added, grabbing the student's attention. "We can see them too. You're just as sane as we are." She looked over at Y/N, giving him a smile. Y/N nodded to them in response. The students boarded the carriage with Y/N and Luna. Y/N was then introduced to the Golden Trio Luna mentioned one time back at home. There was a young witch named Hermione Granger. She was a Gryffindor in her 5th year from a Muggle family. Secondly, a Ginger boy named Ron Weasley. Another 5th year Gryffindor. taking from his last name, he was one of the Weasleys. Lastly, the Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter. Y/N wasn't really fascinated by Harry's fame, again, as usual, could care less about it. 

All of a sudden, Hermione spoke up, "Everyone, this is Loony Love-" Before Hermione could finish that sentence, Y/N interrupted her in a not-so-friendly reply. "Excuse me, Granger?" Hermione looked over at Y/N, whilst the others looked at Hermione. "Excuse me?! I was talking and you had to butt in while I was talking-" The witch responded while annoyed until Y/N cut her off again. "Oh Merlin, if you think it's so bold of you to call my little sister names and get away with it while I'm here, you could never be more wrong. Sounds like something like a smart-arse like yourself wouldn't enjoy, huh?" Luna turned in your direction giving a smile, knowing she appreciated him standing up for her. It grew silent after that. Hermione was too stunned to answer for once. "Anyways, this is my sister, Luna Lovegood. She is a 5th year like the rest of you and is in Ravenclaw. Very intelligent and sweet, so I expect all of you to treat her with nothing but respect and kindness, is that clear?" All of them shook their heads. "Crystal," Ron responded while fear was written on his face. Y/N nodded in response and noticed another student that was also on the carriage. "My apologies, what's your name?" The young wizard looked up and noticed he was talking to him. He was holding a plant and wore layers of clothes. "Oh me? I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom." Y/N reached out to shake his hand, Neville had a look of hesitation until after a few seconds reached out to shake Y/N's hand. "Nice to meet you, Neville. I hope we can be great pals." Y/N gave him a reassuring smile, making Neville smile in return. After that, Harry coughed trying to catch Y/N's attention. Y/N looked in Harry's direction, raising his eyebrows. "And who are you may I ask? Ya know, not just Luna's elder brother."

Y/N gave him a smirk, proceeding with it still on his face. "I'm Y/N Lovegood."