Epilogue - 2021

Ri Jeong Hyeok

Today is the day the last of my dreams come true. Competing in the MLB as a member of New York Yankees.

It certainly is not an easy road. The bump is all over the road. Not only for me, but for Se Ri as well.

She's the first dream I've ever achieved. On our school baseball field that day, she ran to meet me in the baseball field while I ran to her. Again I caught her mid air, and we hugged for the longest time.

That also the first time I kissed her. And what a kiss it was. So sweet and full of love. I love her so much.

Se Ri proceeds to become an anchor in one of the biggest news station in Korea while I play shortstop for Doosan Bears and won several KBO titles with them.

I proposed to her in 2019, on the field after winning my second KBO League Championship. Again with the cleats. It has become my signature move. She said yes and we're married in the offseason.

The year was 2020 and I was fresh from losing the KBO League final to NC Dinos when my agent called me to inform that The Yankees have requested a call with me.

The call went smoothly, they offered me 8 years contract worth million of dollars. I almost lost my mind over that, thankfully, I had Se Ri with me. She knows this is my dream. And she knows she have to sacrifice her career for me, to move across the ocean with me.

"Jeong Hyeok-ah. This is not only your dream. This is our dream. Don't ever think that I sacrifice anything. I will move heaven and earth if it could give you the dreams you've been worked for."

I kiss her hard and over and over again and show her my love in the only way I know. I make love to her again and again that night. Until our body spent. Until clarity arrives.

We're going to New York.

***

It's March 2021, a man bringing his bat to the batter box, lining up to receive the first pitch of MLB 2021 season. The Asian Prince - the international news dubbed him for his gorgeous look - looks up towards the spectator seat and pointing his bat to the woman standing there watching his dream become a reality.

"CRACK!!"

And fly goes the ball towards the sky for a moonshot.
On the field of dreams.