CHAPTER 7

The Senior Superintendent General  accidentally left his phone on the sofa as well as his wallet.

Small bags of what seemed to be cocaine laid flat on the glass table.

Rosé was seated on the bar stool by the counter, having herself a glass of wine and even swirling the wine glass before drinking.

"Look at you, in the middle of the day, drinking wine.", Lisa approaches her and takes off the latex gloves she used to take away the drugs and the man's belongings.

"Let me slack off. I don't even work for the Metropolitan Agency yet here I am.", Rosé lets out a sigh. "I handcuffed a Senior Superintendent General and if my dad finds out...", she clicks her tongue and looks at the three inspectors documenting the confiscated items. "I'm dead.", she says.

"Right. I understand.", Lisa lets out a soft chuckle and grabs the wine glass from Rosie, then taking a sip before placing it on the counter.

--

"Senior Inspector Kim, since when did you investigate me?", General Choi asks her as he was being dragged by the jail guards.

"You do know I put you into where you are, right?", he starts playing the victim. "How can you repay me like this?"

Jisoo was only listening.

"You even had some Judge sign that form.", he was referring to the issued warrant of arrest. "We'll see what will happen when I get acquitted, Senior Inspector Kim.", he says.

The jail guard had opened the cell and pushed him inside, then removing his handcuffs and locking the door.

Jisoo had too much inside her head to even be bothered about what General Choi was saying.

"I'll get your lawyer for you, General Choi.", Jisoo says. "You did put me into where I am right now.", she nods her head. "And I'm putting you to where you belong, Mister Choi.", she drops his work title, making him feel furious.

"Someone else tipped me about your wrongdoings and whereabouts. I am only doing my job.", Jisoo exhales before leaving the cell room.

-

With heavy footsteps, she gets inside her office, rubbing the back of her neck after opening the door.

Her soul almost left her body upon seeing the Commissioner General inside her office, a smile on her face.

"General Lee.", she bows in front of her, then stands up straight again.

"Secretary Park told me you caught General Choi already.", she says.

Jisoo quickly closed the door behind her and nods her head. "I did... Well... I guess."

"Good work, Senior Inspector Kim.", Jieun says. "But let me interfere in your investigation."

Jisoo raised her brows. "Interfere... What do you mean, Ma'am?", she asks.

"I'll interrogate him.", she says.

"But... Ma'am-"

"Don't worry, Senior Inspector Kim. I have complete control over him.", she gives Jisoo reassurance.

Jisoo only nodded as a reply.

"On Monday at 6:30 in the evening, I'll be the interrogating him. It's the only time of the day that I am free.", General Lee says before excusing herself, then leaving Jisoo.

Jisoo walks to the sofa and collapses on the soft chair.

"What am I going to do?", Jisoo asks herself. "It's the weekend, anyway.", she thought of something to do as she was finished for the day.