Chapter 25

The purple light faded as the alien fell asleep on the roof of the trailer. With a smile on its face, it had curled up and hidden its antennae under its hands, like a cat that brushes its paws over its ears while grooming.

Miyus mother had noticed the unnatural glow around her car, but she said nothing. Perhaps it was wiser to stop interfering. For her daughter's sake, but ... still, somehow, she had to make it work. After all, they were only here for today and going home with a dead miserable crying mess didn't appeal to her at all.
"I'll just make sure he can't slip away unnoticed," she reasoned, making use of her gift to make herself invisible. Quietly and carefully, she went to work and after a while looked at the sleeping man with satisfaction.
"Sweet dreams, my dear," she still whispered and put a warm blanket over the alien to protect him from the cool wind.

Then she made her way back to her work at the house. Much had been left undone and the grandmother's special order was waiting to be completed. Likewise, the midnight buffet had to be turned into a brunch. There the lady of the house relied completely on the chef and she would not disappoint the old women. That's why her first path led to the kitchen. If she went to work diligently, she could do it alone and thus would have given her daughter more time with Hichan. Sleep would have to be made up for at some point ... what was not done for one's child!

Unseen, she reached her destination and marveled at the kitchen utensils lying around. There were cooking spoons, whisks, pot lids and pans scattered on the sideboard, and between them, two children's caps and two pairs of gloves.
"What are these little aliens doing here in the kitchen?" Suspiciously, she checked her list of potion ingredients. 'If there is one thing missing from this, they better not be!" she scolded in her mind, but immediately noted with relief to see everything still untouched. And the most important ingredient, she had kept with her, so as not to risk anything.

By chance she got those dark hairs so easily, hard to believe how easy. "But ... will it be enough?" Her knowledge of making magical effect potions was well known and also highly sought after, but this was a somewhat tricky situation and the description of the result the grandmother had before her eyes was clear. Briefly, her thoughts drifted to the alien doctor. She knew of his genius, which could be wonderfully combined with her talent, but the lady of the house kept emphasizing to leave Takuyan out of it, ... for whatever reason. But as the devil might have it as well, just at that moment invisible hands grabbed the children's left behind clothes.

"Isn't it rude to sneak past a lady without saying hello?" she complained, becoming visible. The different shields of the two alien life forms apparently did not recognize each other. Takuyan's broad grin appeared first and then the rest of his body, already in casual pajamas. He bowed in greeting, tucked the collected gloves into the children's caps, and excused himself.
"I am truly sorry if I frightened you, but ..." He looked at the things in his hand as he did so, and his bare toes curled over the tile floor.
"This belongs to her children, I suppose ..." she stated with a smile, trying to hide the gathered utensils for her order behind her back. Maybe he hadn't noticed anything yet ...
" Well, yes of course. ... I'm so sorry, I won't bother you any further, but ... if you value my advice, then ..." The woman looked at him disapprovingly and snorted in reply. The doctor hesitated for a moment but wanted to be honest. "Hm yes, I doubt the efficacy of her multiple potions."
"Oh, what you say." At this, she rolled her eyes, but secretly knew she would not be able to fulfill Grandma Hinata's last good deed on this earth without his help. She pushed her concerns aside and took heart. "So, what do you suggest as a famous genius?" His smile almost burst his face now, enjoying her praise so much.
"It depends on the way you want it to look. ... Eh, the result I mean. Male or female?" Miyus mother pondered but shrugged her shoulders cluelessly. "Well, I would tent to a girl," he explained further, earning an indignant groan.
"How boring, when you already know everything. ... A couple, then. ... All right ..." she said indignantly. His infinite knowledge made him unappealing to her. Although she actually liked his winning laugh. But a man who always knew everything better, and his statements were always right, and he was certainly right, was simply unbearable, ... wasn't it? ... It was probably also the reason why he had no wife.

"Some things I can't overlook, unfortunately. It's clearly a boy that Maho is carrying."
"It's fine, you don't need to explain yourself further. Just tell me which ingredient would be better."
"Are you sure you want to know?" Her look was shocked at first, but then she came forward with her knowledge of Alien.
" You won't embarrass me. Your species doesn't rely on something as simple as sperm. Even tiny traces of DNA are quite enough to initiate reproduction." She triumphantly held out to him Taka's hair, which she had inconspicuously cut off the singer when he went to get the water glass for Maho. Takuyan nodded in approval.
"Oh, ... not bad ..."
"But?!" Slowly, she grew impatient. "Come on, spit it out already. After all, I don't have all the time in the world."
"Saliva would be better," he said, pointing to the wine glasses on the serving cart. "You know which one Mr. Moriuchi used, don't you?" Annoyed, the woman slapped her forehead. Of course, that option would still be there, but ...
"No? ... Mister Sherlock Holms ...?"
"Very well, I'll make you a proposition. I'll help you in this matter and ..." He faltered and she made an expectant face.
"And?" she wanted to know.
"I ... eh, ... take you out to dinner."
"Oh, ... a date?"
"If that's the way you want it," Takuyan beamed.
"That means I'm playing Dr. Watson now? So, I'm your partner in crime, Mr. Holms?" "Very cleverly combined. Very clever. ... Special situations call for extraordinary heroes. And what actually speaks against the female form of the faithful companion?" The alien doctor winked promisingly and Miyus mother didn't think twice. She had practically no choice. The would-be detective was an attractive mature man, so why not? She nodded in agreement and the genius was pleased as a little child.

"The most important thing about this is that Takahiro doesn't suspect anything. He still holds a grudge against his real origin."
"A delicate matter indeed. Maybe ... we'll leave the multiple births and try some kind of love potion that we mix inconspicuously into their morning coffee," the woman pondered.
"Not a bad idea, except that this has no meaning until Maho is already a mother. It's too late for twins."
"Not absolutely necessarily," she countered, earning an astonished look from Takuyan.

"You don't mean ... the blond angel, ... do you?"