Chapter 4

I open the door of the big glass building, and walk in. I walk towards the reception. My black heels klicking on the floor. I walk up to the friendly looking receptionist.

"Uhm hello I came to see Cressida Black." I say. "She's not here at the moment, but she'll be back in a moment, if you don't mind waiting." The receptionist says politely. At that moment Cressida walks into the building. "Candice!" She says giving me a quick hug. "Hello Cressida." I say. She hands me a cup of coffee. "I would've asked Mary to get me these coffees but she's not here. Hope you haven't waited all too long." She says. "No I just arrived." I say. We walk into the elevator, and rise up to the 10th floor. I walk behind Cressida towards her office. She opens the door and walks to her chair. She sits down, grabs a few papers, and starts her computer. I sit down as well. "So what was so urgent that I had to come over when I still had a day off." I say. "Oh yeah I'm sorry about that..." she trails off looking at her computer. "But it is indeed urgent, it is contract work, so lots of paperwork. Sarah will let you know about upcoming bookings and stuff." She says before focussing on her computer again.

"And why couldn't we do this tomorrow, I don't particularly see what's so urgent about this."I say.

"Oh sorry, that wasn't everything. You know you're already well known, but a little more publicity wouldn't hurt." She says, I raise my eyebrows. "Why would I want more publicity?" I ask. "Well, you, personally, may not want it. But a career, especially one like yours, needs a little publicity from time to time." She says, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I assume you know Harry Styles?" She asks. "What does he have to with anything?" I ask. "Well celebrities need publicity, and since Harry hasn't been in the media for a while, we're gonna pull a stunt." He says. "Why would you need me for that?" I ask. "Well we want you two to date, kind of." She says. "That's ridiculous." I crie. "The only thing is that you have to meet up sometimes, maybe post a few pictures together. Doesn't really matter. But it'll certainly draw attention." She says.

"And how long will all this take?" I ask. "Well the contract his management set up says for 1 year, could be longer or shorter. Depends how people react." She says. I shake my head. "And why would I do that? From what I make up out of this is about my personal life." I say. "It is for a matter of a fact, but it'll put you in the spotlight just a little more. But unless you don't want to do it, then the deal is on within a week." She says.

"Besides Harry is a true gentleman, any girl would kill to be in your position." She says.

"And you get paid of course and..." I cut her off. "Wait wait... paying? I don't need any money, I don't even want it." I say.

"Candice... you don't have to do this, they could probably get any girl they want. It's just that they want you. You have everything they're looking for, and that's the thing Candice you don't need the money. At least that won't bring negativity to you." She says and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"But it is my choice? Harry is on board with all of this?" I ask. "He does not have much of a choice, but I guess he has gotten kind of used to it by now. I'm sure he'll like you." She says.

"But furthermore everything is sorted out. You only have to sign, do you want to do it or not?" She asks.

I think for a moment. "I'll do it." I say. She looks a little surprised by my answer. "Well... that's great, I'll let them know." Cressida says.

She then hands me some papers. "This is the contract, will you sign it now?" She asks.

I look through it for a moment, then I sigh and nod.

I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.