Chapter 6- Cute in a Weird, Sadistic Way

A/N: Rose is at the top/side

"Okay, let's start from the beginning. Hello, I'm Prince Joseph Cage." He smiles warmly at me and outstretches his hand.

I shake it hesitantly.

"I'm Ava Smith."

"And apparently jaw-dropping beautiful."

Daniel smacks his head, threatening to stab him with a fork again. He holds the bended metal and point it at him, insisting that he will stake him to death.

Joseph laughs in response and makes a quirky comment, one that is equally hilarious and kinky.

Someone pssts at me, trying to catch my attention. I turn my head around, trying to find whoever it is.

A manicured hand waves me over.

My eyes meet those of another girl, whose blue orbs are as vibrant as they are deep. Her onyx hair falls perfectly over her shoulders, covering the straps of the curve-hugging dress she's slaying in.

"Hey, I'm Rose! Sorry about these two, they're always at eachother's throats." She rolls her eyes. I instantly make the connection. Dark hair, blue eyes, perfect in every way? She's the sister!

I smile at her, taking a liking towards her immediately.

"I'm Ava, but you already know that." She opens her mouth to speak, but gets cut off by a flying piece of cake. It whizzes past her, nearly decorating her body with frosting.

Her expression morphs into one of anger. She slams her hands down on the table, glaring at the trouble makers.

"If you keep it up, I'm going to tell mom about you two doing this in front of a guest, and then I'm going to help her chop your dicks off."

They immediately stop, staring at her wide-eyed in horror. Hm, I guess they're afraid of their mom.

"Now, I believe you have something to say to your mate." She stares pointedly at Daniel, urging him to say whatever she's referring to.

He clears his throat and turns his gaze to me.

"Ava, you look beautiful today."

Rose groans, slapping her forehead in disbelief.

"She looks more than beautiful." Joseph mutters, sending a wink my way.

Rose wraps her hand around his chin and moves it violently to the side, snapping his neck. I stifle a laugh as I watch him fall back in his seat, unconscious.

She moves his seat farther away, preventing his body to fall on hers. Then she shifts her attention to Daniel, glaring at him with as much coldness she can muster. He cowers under her gaze, picking at the crumbs on his plate to avoid her.

"That's not what you were supposed to say. Tell her or I will."

He sighs and picks up his head, staring me straight in the eye. I can't lie and say I wasn't curious. Tell me what?

"They were going to make me have an arranged marriage with the chancellor's daughter." He reveals, scanning my face for any sign of emotion.

I sit back nonchalantly, folding my hands over my stomach.