CH 1 ----Well, He Changed

//i will write most of this in Ukai's POV i'm not very good at writing out of 1st person but i will try to. if you have any good ideas to add to future chapters please put them in the comments and the same if you have any questions.

I hate April, sure we get to go back to hanging out with our mates but that doesn't change the fact that its too hot and we nave to actually do school work, we can't put home work and studying off any more, we need to get our heads down and work. I'm about to start my third year at Karasuno high school in the Miyagi prefecture we have tones of exams to do this year and at the end we get given a dumb piece of paper saying that we can move onto the next stage of torturous education. In all honesty I don't mind learning new stuff, my problem is all the fucking people. I'm not super popular and I'm not super smart, I don't stand out for any reason, or at least I didn't.

We'll never get free

Lamb to the slaughter

What you gon' do

When there's blood in the water?

The price of your greed

Is your son and your daughter

What you gon' do

When there's blood in the water?

(Blood // Water by Grandson)

I'm walking into school for the first time in ages with Blood // Water blasting in my headphones, I don't miss school to be honest. I'm dressed for fall but it just hit summer, I don't care, I like how I look in hoodies and jeans, I don't look as fat as i do in a proper shirt and trousers. I will get scalded for violating the dress code but I don't give a shit any more, i grew the fuck up and I WILL be my own person. At least that's what I'll tell people, in reality I'm just insecure in myself. It's not my fault that I hate my body, my aunt shouldn't have mentioned it so much over the break.

*flashback*

"kid you aren't out of shape you're just fat and lazy" "you're not gonna get a girlfriend if you look like that now are you" "you look stupid in that shirt, it makes you look bigger than you already are" "no wander your mother left, i would if my son was as hopeless as you are" "oh be careful on that, your so fat it'll break if you set foot on it"

*end flashback*

I was 128 pounds when I first went to my aunts for the break, now I'm 116, I haven't lost much, certainly not enough for her anyway. Its not like I'm ill I just want to be better looking, I haven't had a single girlfriend since the end of my first year, I'm just a loner now.

"Hey! Ukai!" Maybe I'm not ALL alone, I have some mates.

"Shimada-chan! Long time no see. How have you been?" Shimada would be there for me forever, at least i hope so. We've been friends since middle school so we get along really well.

"My break was pretty cool! We went to see my uncle and his research team in Scotland, its pretty there, you would like it, it is a lot colder though! How was your time off?"

"It was okay I guess, I had to go and stay in Tokyo with my aunt for a bit but it could have been worse, I think"

"Ukai-kun, why do you hate your aunt so much? Every time you see her you come back in a bad mood and you never talk fondly of her, in fact you hardly ever talk about her in any way"

"I....I guess we just don't get along well." I need to cut this conversation short, i hate talking about my family issues, even if it is to my child hood friend.

"oh..okay. Also, what did you do with your hair, and why are you wearing a hoodie in the middle of April?" Shit! He caught on, I thought it wasn't that obvious, but then again I have been getting weird looks since i walked in.

"oh, this. I just wanted to change stuff up a bit so i dyed my hair and got some piercings, i think it looks cool. As for the hoodie, well, it's just comfy, okay" That seemed a bit blunt didn't it, I just seemed rude, I guess I am as mean as she said I was.

"I guess it is kinda cool, I mean, its definitely something new!" Shimada doesn't like it does he? He thinks I look strange doesn't he, I mean he's not wrong, I look like a total freak, but then again I am a total freak.

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP

Thank that first bell, I hate this awkward silence more than anything. "I'll see you at break Ukai! Have a good morning and say hi to Uchizawa for me!" Shimada yells as he runs off towards the school building. Sure, I'll talk to Uchi for him but I can't promise that I'll have a good morning, this already feels like hell and its only 7:30.

//first chapter done, I don't know much about Japanese schools so please correct me when I make mistakes! I hope you have enjoyed this so far and you will continue to read it, I have the next week off schools because I live in the uk and we have a school holiday now so I only have to do band practice (yeah I'm in a band, we suck so far) so I should have some time to update a few times this week, if I dont get all depressed again like last week. Thats all for now.

Felix-chan out <3

opinions and ideas appreciated