CH 6 --- A New Home

// we got a softer Ukai today. i dont think in need to trigger warning anything in this chapter so all should be good.

*Ukai's POV*

It was strange, to walk with a man I had only met a week ago and go to my house. Dad wasn't home and we needed to grab a few things, I would be staying at Mr Way's house for a few days, or as long as it took to sort things out. Dad wouldn't even notice that i was gone to be honest. I grabbed some clothes, including a couple of school shirts and another red hoodie, my art portfolio, there was no way I was going to leave that for him to destroy, my laptop and a box of a few other things, it had some photos in it, of me and my mum, my grandfather on the court when he was younger and of my parents' wedding, it also had some jewellery and a pen knife in it. I went into the bathroom to get my toothbrush, face towel and hair dye and put it all into a small backpack. This was it, I was moving out, hopefully for ever.

As I walk into the living room, I see Mr Wa.. no, Gerard on the sofa with a cup of coffee.

"I'm ready, I think I have everything I need."

"Wonderful," he says, springing up, downing his coffee and slamming the mug down on the bar style counter next to the kitchen, "let's get going Kei!"

We don't leave a note for him, he wouldn't read it anyway, just head out of the front door, locking it behind us, and go to the train station. It's only a ten minuet walk so when we get their we grab some boba and sit on a bench for another five. some girls walked by who are in their second year at my school. They giggle and blush, they wave at us and then run off. Gerard smiles at them but I just hide in my hood. I don't understand girls. I find them kinda scary, once they get to know each other they end up making some sort of secret language made out of eye rolls and smiles. Any outsider, like me, has no idea what they are saying. It's intimidating.

"Hey, Keishin, our train is meant to be here in two minuets, we gotta go get ready."

The train was pretty busy because everyone was heading home from school and work. Luckily the ride was only 15 minuets into town so we weren't stuck on there for to long. But it got more and more crowded and I started panicking so Gerard told me to stand in the corner between the wall and a glass screen. He stood facing me with his back to the crowd so I couldn't be touched by anyone. As we got off, he grabbed one of my bags and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, guiding me to the busy street above. Thankfully his friend was waiting to pick us up from the station so we got to escape the chaos and be in a quieter environment. The guy had messy hair and tattoos all over his body, he had a green shirt on that said, 'im a monster, im a monster, im a monster, kill me' on it in English. He seemed pretty cool. As I got into the back of the car he turned around to me.

"Hey, I'm Frank, I'm Gee's flat mate and friend from America!" He smiles with a lot of confidence.

"I'm Ukai, Keishin Ukai, thanks for helping me out."

"No problem man, I'm just glad I can."

*Frank's POV*

Gee had told me a bit about this dude, he was having a real rough time at home and needed a place to stay for a bit. I was quick to agree with the plan, Kei was going to stay with us, in our spare room for as long as he needed to. The room was nothing special, grey walls, a single bed with black sheets, a bedside table, a desk and chair and a bookcase with storage cupboards underneath. Gee had already half filled the bookcase with comics, fantasy books and art magazines. But then again this kid was also an artist so I guess he would like it. We didn't get anything else because we didn't know how long he would be staying but once the guy unpacked,the room looked pretty rad. He put some art work on the wall behind the desk, some manga novels on the bookcase, a picture of his mum on the bedside table and all of his clothes in the cupboard.

He seemed pretty happy but he was probably terrified. So Gerard and I left him to settle in after showing him around the place, it wasn't anything amazing, a simple three room apartment with one bathroom, a big kitchen and a decent sized living room. We didn't have our own garden but there was a big park across the road with a soccer pitch, a skate park and a cafe.

*Ukai's POV*

It is amazing here, I have a cool room, the bathroom is big and really clean, there is all sorts of food in the kitchen, I probably wont eat much of it but it's good to know it's there, and the living room is spotless. It is crazy that the guys that live here are the same ones that lives in a sweaty basement,surrounded by laundry. I got a peek in each of their rooms, Gerard's was the biggest. It had two huge desks, one littered with art work and supplies and the other one was covered with school papers and tests that needed to be marked and given back to students. He had a big chest of draws that, along with his wardrobe, I assumed were full of clothes, a double bed with dark blue sheets on it. Frank's room was more messy, there was three guitars on the wall and a mess of wires, leads and amps on the floor below them. He also had a desk but his was half covered with had written notes that I assumed were music related and the other half had his laptop on it and about three glasses and two mugs. He had some clothes on the floor and his bed hadn't been made, it had dark red sheets in a messy pile and some comic books on it.

The bathroom was pretty big. There was a shower, a bath, a toilet, a sink, a towel rack and big cupboards with mirrored doors. There was nothing extraordinary about it but the colour scheme was satisfying, the wall tiles were all black apart from a band of white that ran the whole way around the room at waist height, the floor tiles were grey and the shower curtains were black.

The kitchen and living room were separated only by a bar style counter like in my old house. The colour scheme of these rooms was also wonderful, it was black, white and purple, the counter and kitchen sides were black marble and the floor had a super soft black carpet. The chairs were raised, bar style stools made of steel with dark purple cushioned tops. The sofa was a four seater dark brown leather one with a purple throw over it and black and white cushions. The walls were purple and white and there was a 43" TV mounted on the wall. In the opposite corner, there was three bean bags, all purple, above them was four 3' long shelves full of books, sci-fi, horror, fantasy and history.

This new house was amazing!

//a long-ish chapter, around 1260 words, I don't really know where this is going but i have some quick extra info about Gerard and Frank (as in the fictional characters used in this fic, this is not true about the people these characters are based on!)

Name : Gerard Archer Way

Age : 26

Birthday : 9th of April

Occupation : Teacher of Art at Karasuno High School

Sexuality : Asexual, Aromantic

Relationship status : Single (no surprise)

Name : Frank Anthony Iero

Age : 23

Birthday : 31st October

Occupation : Customer service at Chun Sui Tan boba shop and a solo musician

Sexuality : Homosexual

Relationship status : Single (for now)

for now that's it, Felix-chan out

opinions and ideas appreciated