Chapter 37 (Vampires?)

ESHA/ADELLE'S POV
Nandito ako ngayon sa kwarto at babasahin ko ngayon yung about sa vampires vampires nayan
Unang tiningnan ko ay ang title nya

"THE HISTORY OF VAMPIRES:by Czarina Vlademir"(zarina po ang pag pronounce silent C )

Yan ang nakasulat sa harap ng libro
Pangalawa ko namng tiningnan ay ang likod ng libro at may nakalagay doon

"This book will guide you to know the history of vampires"

Vampires are evil mythological beings who roam the world at night searching for people whose blood they feed upon. They may be the best-known classic monsters of all. Most people associate vampires with Count Dracula, the legendary, blood-sucking subject of Bram Stoker’s epic novel, Dracula, which was published in 1897. But the history of vampires began long before Stoker was born.

There are almost as many different characteristics of vampires as there are vampire legends. But the main characteristic of vampires (or vampyres) is they drink human blood. They typically drain their victim’s blood using their sharp fangs, killing them and turning them into vampires.

In general, vampires hunt at night since sunlight weakens their powers. Some may have the ability to morph into a bat or a wolf. Vampires have super strength and often have a hypnotic, sensual effect on their victims. They can’t see their image in a mirror and cast no shadows.

(Basa ko sa unang pahina
Ipinagpatuloy ko ang pagbabasa)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s thought Bram Stoker named Count Dracula after Vlad Dracula, also known as Vlad the Impaler. Vlad Dracula was born in Transylvania, Romania. He ruled Walachia, Romania, off and on from 1456-1462.

Some historians describe him as a just—yet brutally cruel—ruler who valiantly fought off the Ottoman Empire. He earned his nickname because his favorite way to kill his enemies was to impale them on a wooden stake.

According to legend, Vlad Dracula enjoyed dining amidst his dying victims and dipping his bread in their blood. Whether those gory tales are true is unknown. Many people believe these stories sparked Stoker’s imagination to create Count Dracula, who was also from Transylvania, sucked his victim’s blood and could be killed by driving a stake through his heart.

But, according to Dracula expert Elizabeth Miller, Stoker didn’t base Count Dracula’s life on Vlad Dracula. Nonetheless, the similarities between the two Draculas are intriguing.

Vampire superstition thrived in the Middle Ages, especially as the plague decimated entire towns. The disease often left behind bleeding mouth lesions on its victims, which to the uneducated was a sure sign of vampirism.

It wasn’t uncommon for anyone with an unfamiliar physical or emotional illness to be labeled a vampire. Many researchers have pointed to porphyria, a blood disorder that can cause severe blisters on skin that’s exposed to sunlight, as a disease that may have been linked to the vampire legend.

Some symptoms of porphyria can be temporarily relieved by ingesting blood. Other diseases blamed for promoting the vampire myth include rabies or goiter.

When a suspected vampire died, their bodies were often disinterred to search for signs of vampirism. In some cases, a stake was thrust through the corpse’s heart to make sure they stayed dead. Other accounts describe the decapitation and burning of the corpses of suspected vampires well into the nineteenth century.

Vampires are adaptable and tolerate a wide variety of habitats from deserts to rain forests. They live singly or in groups of up to 2,000, but small groups of 20-100 individuals are typical. They often share roosts with other bat species, living in caves, tree hollows, abandoned mines or wells.-(PANGALAWANG PAHINA)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Vampires: Immortal, blood-sucking demons. Vampires are real, they exist in every city and every state....... on the continents. These creatures are of the darkest parts of hell. They have the power and ability to control your mind, seduce your spirit, adapt to sunlight, and render themselves invisible. They are deadly, they must be destroyed. A cross however won't repel them. But sunlight will kill them and so will a stake to the heart. But what’s the worst about them is the blood lust -- they need fresh human blood to survive. They were once people, so you won't know it's a vampire until it's too late."

Vampires are sentient beings that have traded their soul for magic powers - they are sustained by blood magic.-(PANGATLONG PAHINA)

"woaah ang ganda nmn ng librong toh mas lalo tuloy akong na cu-curios"-naisambit ko nlng

"Siguro bukas ko nalng ipagpatuloy tung pagbabasa sa librong to may trabaho pako bukas"
"vampires? Hmmm"
Nilagay ko na sa may side table ang mga librong binili ko at natulog na

°•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•°
TBC..........

A/N:yowwnn sinearch ko pa yang tungkol sa vampires and also mahilig talaga ako sa mga ganyan mga about vampires kaya naisipan kung isali yan,na cu curios din ako eh bwahahaha