Chapter Thirty-One

One minute I was talking, the next minute I wasn't. He lifted me with hands either side of my waist and pressed my back down against the bed. I stared at him unsurely, but I trusted him entirely. He said he'd take the pain away. Now all I had to do was wait.

He lifted my towel with soft and gentle hands, cursing.

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Yes. I'm sure. Just do it. Please."

He kissed my inner thigh, his fingers groping at my skin. I didn't need to look to know what colour his eyes were flashing. I was hot and bothered for reasons outside of my control. The same couldn't be said for him.

"This doesn't change anything," I said as his fingers got closer towards me.

"This changes everything."

"It really doesn't."

"Lorrie?" I hummed. "Shut up."

I did just that, right until his finger touched me between my legs.

I fucking squeaked. Squeaked I tell you. Like a little mouse. So much for being an Alpha wolf.

He froze, rubbing his lips together.

"You're not taking this seriously." Guilty as charged. He pulled his hand away, a growl building in his throat. "Move."

"What?"

"I said move. Stand up."

I did. I sat up, and the towel fell off completely. It was his fault for messing with it. He watched me, struggling to keep control of himself. "Come here."

He crawled onto my bed, his back against the headboard, and patted his lap. I made to grab the towel until he shook his head. "You won't be needing that."

I grabbed it anyway, tying it around me once more. I crawled up towards him, sitting myself in the same way I'd sleep against him. His arms wrapped around me, tightening.

"This really doesn't change anything," I said.

"It changes everything, Lorelei. Fuck. Having your heat changes everything. I'm going to take the pain away- but it won't last long. It'll be back in about a week and it'll come back worse until my mark's in your neck and I've had you completely."

He lifted my towel once more. I closed my eyes, focusing on the way his hands felt as they traced my skin. There was an affection to his touch. An affection I'd never felt before. Then his fingers were between my legs once more. At first, they were barely there, hovering above my heat. Then he pressed two fingers to my clitoris and growled.

"You're so fucking wet."

He buried his head in my neck, inhaling.

"What are you doing?" I asked, weirdly turned on by it.

"Breathing in your scent. I'm trying to control myself."

I hadn't thought about this being hard for him too. To be able to smell his mate's desire and not really do anything about it must have been torture. But to be so close to where he'd mark me, his fingers so close to where he'd claim me. Now that must've been hell.

The thought evaporated when he massaged a circle there. Slow and soft, rhythmic. I moaned lowly, his dick pressing into my lower back.

He massaged a finger lower, pressing my lips open. Already, I felt some of that pain lessening.

And then he rammed a finger inside of me. My mouth opened, a gasp escaping. There was no gentleness anymore. His fingers were fast, fucking me mercilessly. It was euphoric.