Chapter 7

Atsumu's POV

He likes me? That idea never crossed my mind. Sakusa stares into his matcha his eyes avoiding  mine. Do I like him? I think I could but I need to get to know him better. I smile gently before speaking.

"Thanks for telling me Sakusa. I think I could like you too but I need to get to know you. If you become my roommate though then that would be easy." I announce.

His eyes widen and he looks surprised.

"You want me to be your roommate?" Sakusa asks.

"Yes you have no where else to go and I like your company." I respond.

Sakusa blushes and takes a sip of his latte.

"What about rent?" he questions setting down the cup.

"It's fine reall-" I start to answer. 

"I don't feel right with making you pay. I could look for a job." Sakusa murmurs.

"Oh have you had a job before?" I ask.

Sakusa nods but doesn't elaborate. I finish my muffin and stand up. Our server comes and I pay. We step outside and start to walk home. It's windy out and leaves blow by us. Sakusa grimaces as a car honks loudly. I smile reassuringly and that seems to calm him down. Finally we get home. What should we do now? 

"Want to watch a movie?" I ask.

Sakusa nods and we sit down on the couch.

Sakusa's POV

Atsumu smiles as he stuffs his mouth full of popcorn. On the screen a woman is being stabbed repeatedly blood spurting everywhere. She wails in pain and collapses. His eyes light up and he grins. I shudder at the thought of having to clean up her blood. The knife lies on the floor covered in it.

"Cool huh?" Atsumu says joyfully.

I try to stop myself from grimacing and nod instead. 

"Do you not like this?" Atsumu asks turning to me.

I wince as the murder knocks someone to the floor.

"No." I admit sheepishly. 

Atsumu turns the show off and pouts. Oh no is he upset?

"If you didn't like it you should have just told me." he says. 

"Sorry." I mumble.

"It's fine. What do you want to watch?" Atsumu asks. 

We end up watching a animal documentary. Atsumu gets teary eyed when the seal is being eaten by a killer whale.

"How is this different from that woman?" I ask.

"I-it's real! That seal didn't deserve that!" Atsumu sobs.

"That's how the food chain works Atsumu." I sigh and hug him.

He curls into me and sniffles. After the documentary ends Atsumu gets up and walks into the kitchen. 

"You hungry?" he asks. 

"A bit." I respond following him into the kitchen. 

"I well suck at cooking. Osamu my twin you met him he's really good at cooking. I'm not unfortunately. Want instant ramen?" 

"Sure." I answer.

I open his fridge and look inside. I take out some pork, green onions, and eggs. Without saying anything I start to cook. I boil the eggs, chop the green onions, slice and saute the pork. After seasoning I put all the elements on the instant noodles and bring the bowls to the couch. Atsumu looks surprised and sits down beside me. I flick on a documentary about eagles and take a bite. Delicious. 

"Wow Sakusa this is so good! You know how to cook!" Atsumu exclaims his mouth full of noodles. 

"Call me Kiyoomi." I say.

Atsumu's POV

"Kiyoomi? Is your name not Sakusa?" I ask confused.

"No my first name is Kiyoomi. I call you be your first name don't I." Kiyoomi responds.

"Oh yeah!" I respond happily. 

Kiyoomi watches the eagles intently and finishes his ramen. 

"Thanks Kiyoomi this is better than what I would've made." I murmur. 

I yawn and move a bit closer to Kiyoomi. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I close my eyes. He smells nice.

Sakusa's POV

Atsumu snores gently his head resting on my shoulder. I turn off the TV and tuck the blanket around us. I may as well just fall asleep. Atsumu looks way too comfy for me to wake him up. Plus he's warm. I close my eyes and fall into a deep dreamless sleep. 

When I wake up the sun is streaming through the window. Atsumu is rustling around in the kitchen. The sound of a kettle whistling vibrates through the kitchen. I walk in and yawn. Atsumu smiles and hands me a drink. Instead of coffee it's a matcha latte.

"Thanks Atsumu you didn't have to do that." I mumble.

"It's no problem Kiyoomi!" He grins and takes a sip of coffee.

 Atsumu goes into his room and comes out changed. 

"Uh can I borrow some clothes?" I ask awkwardly. 

"Oh sure we'll buy you some new clothes soon." Atsumu responds. 

He hands me a hoodie and some jeans. Going into the bathroom I change. The pants and hoodie are a bit short but it will do. The hoodie smells nice like him. Strangely ever since Atsumu found me I haven't turned into a cat. I have no idea why. It's been kind of nice even if it's noisy. I come back out and Atsumu blushes.

I thank him and he tells me he has the day off. I spot a volleyball sitting on the floor and pick it up.

"You play volleyball?" I ask.

"Uh yeah I was one of the best setters in Japan in high school." Atsumu responds.

"I love volleyball!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Wait really?" he questions. 

"Yeah." I mumble.

I used to play with other werecats including my cousin Komori. I push back those memories. 

"Want to go to the gym and play?" he asks bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nod and he goes to get me a different set of clothes. After we both change we head out. The noise though loud isn't as bad as yesterday.  Eventually we reach the gym it's pretty big. I gulp looking at all the people here. 

Author's note: We hit 1K! Thank you so much to everyone reading, commenting, and voting!