Chapter 12

Atsumu's POV

We're finishing practice when Coach Foster whispers something to an assistant.  The assistant walks out of the gym and comes back in a couple minutes later. In their arms is a box. 

"The new players jerseys came in today. They're in the box here." Coach Foster announces.

I get up from stretching and walk over to the box. Bokuto pulls out four jerseys and sorts through them. Seeing Miya on the back on one of them I snatch it. My number is 13. The jerseys are made of that silky sport fabric. I hold mine up to my chest before slipping it on. It's a perfect fit. I smile and look around. Bokuto and Shōyō both put theirs on. Kiyoomi holds his in front of him eyeing it. 

"It looks great Bokuto!" Shōyō exclaims. 

"Yours does too!" Bokuto shouts back. 

I go to stand beside Kiyoomi and nudge him. 

"Are you just going to stare at it?" I tease smiling. 

He rolls his eyes and slides it on. It looks great. 

"Alright looks like the jerseys fit well. You can take them home along with the rest of your uniforms. See you tomorrow." Coach Foster shouts clapping his hands. 

As usual Bokuto has his ride from Akaashi his best friend and Kageyama picks up Shōyō. We wave goodbye to both of them and start to walk home.  

"Would you want to get some food?" Kiyoomi asks.

"Sure how about fried chicken!" I exclaim. 

I love fried chicken. Kiyoomi nods and I open my phone to find a place. Finding one I start to walk in that direction. Kiyoomi follows beside me and grabs my hand. I smile gently at the sight. I'm so lucky to have him. We walk along the sidewalk together in silence. Finally we reach the restaurant. The glow from the kitchen is welcoming. A bell rings as I push open the door. 

"Hello. Please have a seat anywhere." A server announces. 

I look around and point to a table in the left corner of the restaurant. Kiyoomi nods and follows me to it. We sit down and the server comes back. They place the menus down and smile. 

"Please give us a second." Kiyoomi murmurs. 

The server nods and walks back to the main counter. I flip through the menu. Everything sounds so good!

Sakusa's POV

Atsumu smiles as he flips through the menu. I try and focus on mine. I don't really like greasy food. We're professional athletes now. We probably should be eating healthy. But Atsumu really wanted fried chicken. I sigh and Atsumu glances up. 

"You okay?" He asks. 

"Mhm." I respond. 

He goes back to reading the menu. I look around. The restaurant seems relatively clean. I pick my menu up and look through. I decide on the healthiest looking thing. A salad. Our server comes back. 

"Have you decided yet?" They ask.

"Yes. I would like combo 2 and a coke." Atsumu answers. 

"I'll have the salad please." I say.

The server nods and walks back to the kitchen. 

"Really Kiyoomi salad? That's so boring!" Atsumu teases. 

I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"Atsumu we're athletes we need to eat healthy to stay fit." I sigh.

He laughs and shrugs. The server comes back and sets down our drinks. I take a sip of my water. The ice crackles. Atsumu shifts around and drinks his coke. Our food comes and I eat my salad slowly. Meanwhile Atsumu scarfs down his chicken like a wild animal. I should feel disgusted but instead I feel like smiling. 

Atsumu's POV

I finish my chicken and wipe the grease off my fingers. Kiyoomi is still eating his salad. He should just have ordered the chicken. It tastes way better than any salad. I sit contently and watch him. He eats so tentatively. He's so pretty. A curl of hair falls across his forehead. Without thinking I brush it aside. He glances up. 

"Uh-" I start.

"It's fine." Kiyoomi mutters. 

I blush and let my hand drop onto the table. Our eyes interlock and stay like that for a while. Kiyoomi's eyes are so pretty. They look obsidian. I grin as he finally looks away. He frowns slightly and takes the last bite of his salad. 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I feel like I just lost something..." Kiyoomi sighs.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Only a staring competition maybe." I reply. 

"I guess that's fine then." Kiyoomi whispers. 

We stand up and pay before walking out. The city looks pretty late at night. All the lights illuminate the buildings and trees around us. I grab Kiyoomi's hand. Our arms swing together. The mixture of talking and music floats through the air.  

"Let's take a detour." I suggest. 

Kiyoomi glances at me before nodding. I pull him along the streets until we arrive at where I was looking for. 

Sakusa's POV

I look around. Atsumu's brought me to a park. It's very peaceful and pretty at night. Barely anyone is around. Lot's of trees fill the space and a small man made river flows through the land. Atsumu leads me down a stone path until we find a bench. It's right in front of the river. The sound of the water running calms me. I sit down beside Atsumu. The sky has gone dark and is full of stars. 

"I used to come here as a child. With Osamu and my parents. I always loved it." Atsumu whispers. 

The park is very pretty. I can see why Atsumu loves it. It was nice of him to bring me here. I exhale and smile. 

"Thank you for bringing me here. It's lovely." I say.

Atsumu grins and gazes up at the sky. He untangles his hand from mine and points it at the sky. 

"There's the big dipper!" Atsumu exclaims. 

I didn't know he liked astrology. That's cute. His eyes shine with excitement as he tells me all about the different stars. I guess I learn something new about him all the time. I settle down contentedly and close my eyes. 

Author's note: 4K woah. That's a lot of reads. So thanks!