Chapter 7

It happened when Senku was ten years old and when his older brother was twelve. The Science driven Senku always delved in experiments that are close to the threshold of life-threatening. It was close, but not quite there yet.

The liquids he often used with experiments needed to be handled with caution, but not to the point where it would explode upon contact with air, or the kind that did damage when contacted to human skin. The kind of liquid the child Senku often dealt with are ones that become quite hazardous when mixed together, that was why the child got away with purchasing them, albeit seperately to avoid suspicions from acceptably smart adults.

Some endeavors of the child Senku's experiments involved fusing certain gadgets, mostly it being soldered or taped to each other. One time, child Senku even did a small rocket. The procedures where dealt like it was the real one as Senku claimed, though his actions where seen by passing adults as meager as simple child's play.

Back to the part where a single science-defying event happened that included the two siblings. It was as simple yet an unbelievable ability of Hikaru that child Senku discovered.

The Superhuman physical strength that Hikari had despite being a twelve year old.

With how Senku talked an acted, most kids dubbed him as weird and tend to avoid involving themselves further with the different kid that Senku was. Of course, others tend to get incredibly involved when they had enough capacity to understand Senku's advance vocabulary, and it included mostly older kids. Whenever Senku mocks them or disregards them with both his actions and words, older kids tend to get hit by it personally. It might have been an ego or some sort of pride they had since some children had the belief that becauce they are older, the younger kids need to abide by their orders.

Then lo and behold, an older kid really did understand Senku's mocking words, for a child that age, Senku had seen a face filled with unrestrained fury.

If it was a normal lanky kid, then Senku would survive a small squabble with them, but the child that was pissed off was a soon to be varsity player that always carried a wooden bat with him to somehow show off that he was talented and amazing.

The next moment, Senku's heart chilled at the realization that he had no way of dodging or even had the strength to parry the full-on swing of the wooden bat from the bulky child.

That was when the bat was grabbed by Hikari's hands and the bat hat beenn broken into two just from the grip strength of his.

It was as if a superpower came into life in front of Senku.

After Hikari scared off the other kids, Senku wanted to hurriedly ask how the boy did such a feat. Breaking a wooden bat, a pure one at that with no hole in the center to lessen the weight.

But before Senku's words started, he had seen the obviously broken and bleeding hand of his older brother and his mind quickly thought up of information he had read in a book.

It was said that humans had the capacity to become stronger than they think they are. As such, they had the ability to bite off their tongue and figer, or easily break concrete just with their strength alone. Of course, there are drawbacks of bringing it to life, such as injuries, mostly bone fractures.

Humans are inherently strong. The one stopping them from bringing out their strength is their strong self-preservation, or it would be because of the hundreds of years of knowledge that humans had that in order to win, they didn't need to use such means.

It explained how cave men managed to battle with huge wild boars and even mammoths back in the old ages. Because they lack the thoughtー the fear that they would be injured. At most, the thing they feared is dying from hunger.