Chapter 6

Hikari felt very disoriented the moment he got out of being a stone. The memories he received can be considered as incomplete but it was enough for him to understand what he was. 

He was an anomaly, a wandering soul. Though he wasn't sure on how he could go in different worlds where he wasn't supposed to exist in the first place. For things he couldn't understand, as long as it made no harm to him, he let it be. 

The overall vague plot was all he received, the specifics were left behind. When he locked his memories deep inside his mind, he might be doing it unconsciously, but he attached himself to the being named Senku.

This world didn't have things like superpowers and special abilities. He can't have flames, nor create ice out of thin air. There aren't any possible phenomena that could let him alter the laws of this world. 

Hikari stared at the flickering flames in his hands, and the small snowflakes that he managed to get out. It was considerably weak as if presented as a warning that what he was doing isn't possible. He was thankful that at least he can use two abilities other than his science-defying ones. Anything that would hinder Senku and his endeavors with science, Hikari would gladly set aside and throw away.

This science focused world doesn't need something like powers out of a fantasy world.

The baboons were still curious of the strange creature they saw and made sure to watch from afar on what the creature was doing. The moment it became night, the creature made light from a few scraps.

But it wasn't enough to light up a large area. That was why, when seen in a certain angle, the baboons saw the frightening light that came out from the creature's eyes.

With a shriek, they all scurried away.

Hikari was shocked at the sudden noise and saw the baboons run away. He breathed a sigh of exasperation.

The eyes he received from his former father from another life.

And the strength he received from his former mother from another life.

Even though they were variables made by the world to accommodate the anomaly, they were still living and had their own consciousness. It might be Hikaru's wishful thinking, but still he wants to believe that the moments they spent with him were on their own will.

Holding a stick, Hikari pointed it at the small fire he had made.

His eyes flickered.

Lines appeared.

Then he swung down.

...the wind blows weakly.

The small fire dies.