Chapter 3

ーHe dreamt of a near future. Where he had achieved what he wanted and showed what he could do.

ーHe dreamt of the sky, where that man had gone. As he gazed at the far off sky, eyes focused on small specks of light, he reached out.

"...s...u."

ーHe dreams of something that wasn't here. But he didn't desire it. He was glad rather than sad. Happy and not at the least angry.

"..S..n..u."

ーThat person had achieved what he wanted. He wasn't one to block him off and clip his wings. He left but he was happy. He was left behind but he was happy and proud. So proud... but he won't say it.

"Sen..ku..."

ーHe didn't feel lonely because he wasn't alone. Before he was left behind, another had accompanied him.

ーA person who accepted who he was and stood by his side no matter how he sometimes spoke crass to the other.

"Senku..."

ーLight seeped through the curtains, making his eyes scrunch by the sudden exposure. He didn't want to get up yet since he stayed up all-night researching.

"Senku!" Red eyes slowly opened and saw the person who was calling him.

Senku met Hikari's eyes and blinked several times, still processing what had happened. Sporting an apron, Hikari had his arms on his hips as he looked at the half-asleep Senku. 

As years passed, Senku had witnessed how his older brother had grown up. Instead of looking like a teenage boy, Hikari grew up looking like a girl. Though if one looked closely, Hikari's physique was still that of a guy. He had an adam's apple, his chest was broad and flat. Most people who make mistake on Hikari's gender and tried to hit on him got beaten up whenever they got too far. Senku always wondered where Hikari get his inhumane strength from. It was one time but Senku clearly remembers his brother on top of an electric power pole. Even today, he still has no idea how Hikaru got up the pole. At this point, he didn't feel the need to know since it doesn't impede with his experiments.

"What time is it?" Senku asked as he sat up.

Hikari released a huff of exasperation since this could be considered an everyday event. Senku had no clocks in his small science-dedicated room.

"Almost eight. Breakfast is ready so hurry up, sleepyhead." Hikari left the room and when he opened the door, the smell of bacon wafted the room. Senku felt his hunger and decided to quickly dress up.

Even though Hikari had already finished college, Senku still couldn't understand why his brother decided to stay at home and do housework instead of getting a high-paying job. With his older brother's eidetic memory, he had a high chance on any field.

When asked how he earned money, Hikari always manages to avoid the question. Senku had a guess that his brother owned some kind of business and that he could easily find out if he just searched for it, but he doesn't really care that much.

Knowing Hikari, he wouldn't do anything that would give a bad image to the Ishigami name. 

Senku and Hikari ate their breakfast in silence like any other day. They started their morning like any other day.

Like their frequent normal mornings.

L̵̡̢̮̟̳͊̌̐͆̒̃̿̾͑̒̐͠͝͝ĩ̷͔̺͕̠̪̖͙̃̓̆͐͌̚̚k̶͓̊̎̈́̏͋͘͝e̴̯̝̗͋̒ ̸̠̞̗̮̺̻̾̀̿͒͋̌̓͂̚a̴̪͉̫̽̕͘͠n̵͉̬͎͉͈̮̖̙͓̼̹̞͙̝̎̎̏̑͐̓͊͊́̇͘ÿ̸̡̧͍͔͖̫̣͖̰̎ ̶͉̱͕͔̄̇͋̇͗̌͐̕ͅo̶̩̬̦̥̠̱̻̬̍̏͗͑͂t̷̢̫̼͕̞̩̲̞̙̪̟̔͗̒̓̈́̊̿͑͜͠͝h̶͖̪̥̫̯̪̣̮̍̑͜ͅẹ̴̝̺͎̘̟̬̹͝ȓ̵͔͓͖̱̠͓͉̜̌̒̒̎̾̽̈́̃̀́͐͂ͅ ̸̙̳̓̓̈̕͝d̷͖͖̤̬̈ä̴̧̩̹͚̝͔̀̆́̐̽̎͋̿̐̋̾̽͘y̶̛̤̫.̸̧̞̠̮͖͛͆̽̎͋̾͒̕̚͜ͅ