𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

JOEY JOGGED ON the football field with one of his friends after spotting patrick verona sitting on a bench

JOEY JOGGED ON the football field with one of his friends after spotting patrick verona sitting on a bench. he had been mentally preparing a speech just so he wouldn't shit his pants for even being in the boy's personal bubble.

not that he would ever admit that.

"hey, how you doin'?" he introduced as he stopped in front of the bad boy, watching him light up a cigarette.

patrick looked around, noticing who was talking to him, and had to restrain himself from telling them to 'fuck off'. he inhaled the tobacco, allowing it to pass through his throat before removing the stick, pushing out the smoke, clouding the area completely.

"i had some great duck last night." joey tried yet again, causing pat to snap his head towards the boy with his eyebrows furrowed.

"do i know you?" his australian accent was prominent and full.

"you see that girl?" he points towards juliet. the bad boy casts his gaze over to the girl, smiling at her with the most sincere and sweetest expression he could muster.

just for her he told himself.

"yeah."

"that's cherr-"

"don't call her that." patrick had cut him off, aggression shown in his tone as he took another drag of his cigarette. joey didn't get to call juliet that, because assholes like joey dinner don't get to call me by a nickname only my friends call me he heard her voice in his head.

pat looked back over to cherry, who was, coincidentally, sucking on a cherry flavoured dum dum whilst staring him down, curiousity evident in her eyes as she looked at the dickhead next to one of her best friends.

"juliet valentine," joey sighed "i want you to go out with her."

patrick verona scoffed. "yeah, sure, sparky." he looked over to the punk next to him, who copied his actions.

"look, i can't take out her sister until juliet or her friend, kat, start dating. you see, their dad's whacked out. he's got this rule where the girls..." he tried to explain, before he was cut off yet again.

"that's a touching story. it really is. not my problem." the bad boy whispered the last part in an antagonising tone.

joey looked taken back, but was quick to come up with a solution to his rejection. "would you be willing to make it your problem if i provide a generous compensation?"

a chuckle escaped patrick's lips. "you're gonna pay me to take out one of my friends?"

"mhm." the boy nodded his head eagerly and proudly.

pat chuckled yet again. he couldn't believe what he was hearing. but the more he thought about it..."how much?" he finally asked.

"twenty bucks." the pair looked over to juliet, who was now stood with kat, who happened to be glaring at the two boys with the most venomous look they had ever seen. their eyes then drifted over to the brunette, who winked at them both.

"fine, thirty." joey concluded.

"well, let's think about this." the boy chucked his cigarette onto the floor. "we go to the movies, that's uh, fifteen bucks." he stands up, his height towering over the jock's by an inch or two. "we get popcorn, that's, uh, fifty-three. and she'll want fun dums, right? because, have you met cherry? she's addicted to those things. so, uh, we're looking at seventy-five bucks."

"this isn't a negotiation." the jock's frustration was as clear as glass. "take it or leave it, trailer park."

"fifty bucks and we got a deal, fabio." patrick retorted. joey sighed, pulling out the note from his back pocket and handing it over to patrick, to which he snatched it off him.

the coach blew the whistle, signalling that the game was over. the boy with long hair quickly looked back over to the jock, who was ushering him to approach the brunette girl that was making her way over to his side of the field.

"cherry!" pat called out, jogging over slightly as the girl pulled out her water bottle from her bag.

"yes, mr. verona?" juliet smiled kindly.

"oh, stop calling me that." he playfully groaned. "how are you? are you ok?"

"patrick, darling, i'm fine. why are you asking anyway?" her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"just checking in on you, cherry. can't have you leaving me, now can we?"

juliet rolled her eyes. "i will leave you if you don't tell me what's up."

"i'm picking you up on friday."

"for what?"

"a date."

the girl spat out the water she was gulping from her bottle.

"sorry, can you repeat that for me."

"i'm picking you up on friday."

"why?"

"to go on a date." he stated with confidence.

"ok, i got that. but, why with me?"

before patrick could even respond, juliet's arm was grabbed by kat, smirking slightly at the boy stood before her best friend, and then dragged the girl off the field.

cameron and michael watched the interaction from the bleachers, taking in every word that was being said.

the new boy snapped his head towards his friend. "we are screwed."

"hey, no, hey, i don't want to hear that defeatist attitude." michael shook his pointed finger at him. "i want to hear you upbeat."

"we are screwed." cameron cheered.

"there you go."

hey sluts

i'm alive and decided to update because i thought i kept all of you deprived of our dearest heath/patrick long enough

i hope you're all doing well, i know i'm not bc i got sent off school again on the second day back bc the kid i sit next to in english tested positive 😃

this is gonna happen for the rest of the year, i just know it

oh well

word count: 961