𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

IN DETENTION, PATRICK verona sat in his seat as he watched the designated teacher quiz a punk kid on his possession of weed

IN DETENTION, PATRICK verona sat in his seat as he watched the designated teacher quiz a punk kid on his possession of weed. he had his head down on the desk, but watched the scene contently and rather interestingly before said teacher walked up to another kid and stole his cheetos.

if he could, he would've laughed.

his attention is soon drawn elsewhere, however, when the door to the detention room opens and a familiar voice blesses his ear drums like his favourite symphony. actually, her voice was his favourite symphony. a perfectly constructed sound that was made just to appeal to him, the type of song you'd want to play on repeat over and over again because it tickles your brain in a way no other sound can.

cherry, patrick thought, my cherry. what is she doing here?

"mr. chapin, can i talk to you for a second?" now, patrick knows that giggle. he knows that tone in her voice because he had heard it too many times. that same, teasing smile on her lips he swore was crafted by christ himself was directed towards the teacher. the aussie knew what was about to happen, and he knew he wasn't going to like it.

"what can i do for you, valentine?"

"i have some ideas on how we can improve the girls' soccer team." that same gleam in juliet's eyes came through as she batted her eyelashes innocently.

"great! let's talk about it later." mr. chapin shrugs the girl off and she quickly glances at patrick with a wink before mouthing 'the window' to him and continuing with her plan.

"as you know, we have a really big game with hillcrest high..." her hand travels up to the teacher's bicep, lightly squeezing "oh my! your bicep is huge! and would you look at that? the other one's just as big."

the floorboard creaks from where the aussie boy had run off, capturing mr. chapin's attention for him to turn around. juliet is still quick to distract him, pulling his attention away from her sweetheart.

"long story short, they kick our butts every year. i was thinking i've devised a plan to finally defeat them."

"which is?"

"that thing you taught us!"

"what thing?"

oh god, she thinks, here we go again.

"this?" the girl lifts up her red cropped cami with a sweet smile on her face, the class of boys cheering her on long enough to get patrick to escape out of detention. "ok, bye now!"

____

juliet valentine and patrick verona now sit in a peddle boat in the middle of the sea. the girl had used her black bandana to push her hair away from her face from the slight breeze that caused it to get stuck in her lip gloss.

"i can't thank you enough for helping me sneak out of detention. very cool."

"not cool! i flash my tits every time you're in trouble. so much so most of the city has seen them by now." the girl grumbles jokingly, causing the boy to laugh at her truth. until something catches his attention.

"you up for it?"

"you know it!"

the two are soon throwing balloons filled with paint at each other. they are decked out in white boiler suits splattered in red, yellow, green, and blue marks. they're two teens having fun, free from the stress of their lives outside of this serene moment.

juliet finds herself sneaking up on the boy who holds her heart, jumping on his back and smashing a blue paint balloon on his head. she couldn't lie to herself, the man bun he had was excruciatingly attractive. it made her legs weak just by looking at it.

the boy laughed and held onto her thighs tighter, running towards a stack of hay where he gently squatted down as a hint for his cherry to get off his back. the girl reluctantly let go, but when she did, patrick lay down next to her and caressed her face in a loving manner.

"why do we keep acting like this?" he questioned softly.

"acting like what?" she whispered back to him, like they were the only two people there.

"like we don't love each other."

"escaping from my feelings for you was always a lot easier then confronting them." juliet admits, and patrick knows it's true. he can tell by the honesty on her face, the truth in her eyes and the way her lips frown ever so slightly.

"and what if i wanted to know your feelings for me?"

"right now?"

"no better time like the present." and with his comment, patrick softly placed his lips on juliet's. his hand caressed her cheek, causing her to smile in their kiss and deepen it ever so slightly before they pulled away, foreheads touching.

the duo laughed ever so slightly, still in a heavenly daze from their small confession of passion and adoration for one another.

"can i have another?" the aussie asks, eyes flickering down to gaze on his girl's lips.

"no." she lies.

"come on, one more kiss. for me?"

"and why should i do that, hm?"

"just shut up and kiss me already, cherry."

and she did, because how could juliet valentine ever deny her boy. the boy who has only ever viewed her as a human being and not as an object. the boy who used to sit and listen to her rants in their biology class and would give advice that always seemed to work out great for her. the boy who would have a cherry dum dum on him when she didn't. the boy, her boy, her patrick verona, whom she loved like a fairytale romance.

patrick verona was a boy who never failed juliet valentine, and she was sure to always return the favour.

____

the aussie and the american both arrived back at the stratford household soon after their shared kiss and another half hour of balloon throwing. they sit on the front steps, juliet's head resting on patrick's shoulder and his head resting on hers.

the boy's lips all of a sudden kiss her head, before she hears the whisper "go to prom with me."

juliet slowly removes her head from his shoulder, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "what's in it for you?"

"what do you mean what's in it for me? when have i ever needed a reason to be near you?" his tone is defensive. patrick knows he's hiding something, and he knows the impact it will have once juliet finds out, and he's debating the risk it'll put on their soon to be relationship.

"you've never wanted to go to prom. why now?"

"because i have you."

"you had me before? i...i'm not quite sure i'm understanding your point here..." juliet questions hesitantly.

"god, juliet, can i not just enjoy doing something with you?" he pulls out a cigarette and places it in between his lips, to which the girl just scoffs, slapping the cig out of his mouth and storming inside the house.

patrick watches her do so, noticing kat stratford staring at him in the corner of the living room.

____

ruh roh raggy

word count: 1197