❥ chapter five | when his eyes met hers? ✓

៚

WARNING : This is a really long chapter, so please take your own time to read it. I usually write longer chapters so kindly bear with me guys I am so sorry for this, haha!

✔Difficult words used in this chapter

Sardar ji : A term used to address Sikh men / also a term of respect used to address someone elder than you or the person who you respect, referring to a male in this case.

Sahab ji / Sahab : A term used to address someone as a mark of respect giving them importance, holding them in high regard. Also known as Sir in English.

Taanga also known as Tonga in English : It is a light, two wheeled vehicle or a house cart with the roof covered used in the medivial era as a means of transportation. It is still used in the rural areas of Pakistan and India.

Dargah : A dargah, in Persian : درگاه‎ dargâh or درگه dargah, dergâh,
also in Urdu درگاه‎ and Bengali দরগাহ / dorgah is a Muslim shrine built over the grave of a revered religious figure, often a Sufi saint or dervish/ darwaish. These usually have mosques too.

Chaadar : A huge piece of cloth used to cover the body or to be worn on the head by women, but in this case it is used to offer to be put on the grave of the saint in a particular dargah/shrine to pay respects. The chaadar can be made of a coloured cloth with Islamic calligraphy on it or can made of strings of flowers like red roses or jasmine.

Qawaali : Qawwali is a form of music performed by Sufis to stimulate religious devotion and a sense of spiritual closeness to God. Several Qawwali songs praise religious teachers and saints. However, much of the music speaks of spiritual and worldly love. The lyricism of Qawwali music uses the ghazal form of Islamic poetry as well as numerous hymn forms.