Chapter 5

A couple of hours later, we were spying at the Montgomerys, when we saw a man starting to eat everything. And I mean everything. He even ate uncooked meat, which wasn't weird for me to eat, but I am pretty sure humans get sick from that.

"I would say that qualifies as weird." Sam said.

"Just a bit." I answered.

We then proceeded to go the motel, we would staying, which I honestly couldn't wait for. I was pretty falling asleep standing, since Dean's music made it pretty much impossible for me to fall asleep. Normally, that wouldn't have been an issue, but it was playing even louder to try and mask some of the tension.

As we entered the room, we stopped, when we saw a man sitting at the tabled drinking a beer. I must have been extremely tired to miss that smell.

"Travis." Dean said with a smile on his face. Oh, we know this guy. Cool. "See, Sam? I told you, we should have hid the beer."

"Smartass. Get over here." Travis joked and opened his arms to hug Dean. "Good to see ya."

"You too." Dean answered.

Travis then hugged Sam too. "Good to see ya."

"You too, Travis." Sam smiled.

"Man, you got tall kid." Travis laughed. "How long has it been?"

"Gotta be 10 years." Sam answered.

"You are still a... oh what was it? A mathlete?" Travis asked.

"No."

"Yes, sure is." Dean answered right after Sam.

"Been too long, boys." Travis said. "I mean, look at ya, grown men. John would have been damn proud of you, sticking together like this."

"Yeah, thick as thieves." Dean answered, and I noticed the tension, once again. "Nothing more important than family."

"True. Now, when are you gonna introduce me to this lovely, young lady?" Travis asked and pointed at me.

"Oh, this is Leona." Dean quickly made up a lie as I moved to stand beside him. "One of Bobby's friends' daughter. Her parents are on a business trip."

"Yeah, it was getting at bit boring to stay at Bobby's in the middle of nowhere." I put on my best smile and shook his hand. "Besides, this isn't my hunt."

"Really? How old are you?" Travis asked.

"16, but I have helped on hunts before." I answered.

"Well then, welcome aboard." He smiled and moved towards the table. "Sorry, I am late for the dance." We all sat around the table. "Thanks for helping out an old man. I am a little shorthanded." He lifted his broken arm. "So you tracked down Montgomery?"

"Yeah, we found him at his home." Sam answered.

"And?"

"Well, he got one hell of a case of the munchies. Topped off with burger that he forgot to cook." Dean explained.

"That's him alright." Travis sighed.

"You know him already?" I asked. "What is he?"

"Boys and girl, we got a Rougarou on our hands." Travis revealed.

"A Rougarou?" Dean questioned. "Is that made up? That sounds made up."

"They are mean nasty little suckers. Rotten teeth, wormy skin, the works." Travis answered leaving us confused.

"Well that aint this guy. I mean he was wearing a cellphone on his belt." Dean said quizzically.

"He'll be ugly soon enough. They start out human for all intents and purposes." Travis explained.