𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 ; 𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌. The crowded ballroom was lit by the many golden chandeliers, it was a heaven-inspired design with the halos, the servants dressed in angel attire. There was many little snacks on either sauce of the room, from cocktails to cupcakes. Everyone wore warm or bright colours and seemed to have a great time. Other than one person: Y/N.

She was grateful for this dance since it was made literally for her to fall in love with someone. But it just felt so fake, all the men were like cardboard cutouts of each other with their shining smiles and two-dimensional personalities. They were flawless. Nothing there to love.

"You seem saddened, Miss Y/N." Says the blonde-haired man as they slow dance in the middle of the marble floor. He smiled with his perfect teeth, "What seems to be the problem?"

Everything, "Nothing at all." The maiden stated politely. Her partner guided her over to the entrance of the partially crowded dining room where her family and close friends gathered around.

"It's like a dream." She beamed with a deepened falsehood. Y/N sat three seats away from her mother who sat at the top of the table. Asteria was on her right and her blonde partner was on her left.

"Thanks shared you all for joining me at my children on this blessed and auspicious night."The high-goddess greeted with warm smiles. "Tonight we celebrate the art of nature, the skies, our seas and of course our beauty, purity, and the life of this island."

"Indeed." An old friend of the family held his wine in the air. "This island wouldn't be here if it was for young Y/N."

A black-haired woman in her thirties rolled her emerald coloured eyes and stated smugly. "Willow daring, that's all you go on about. Your baby Y/N, she's damn adult and doesn't deserve your baby-ish behaviour."

"Victoria! Don't be a vixen!" Her elder sister bellow from across the table.

"Her jealousy is more everlasting than her beauty." Victoria's husband scoffed jokingly before taking a sip of his wine.

"Watch it!"

"Everyone is indeed allowed to display their own opinions." Asteria pointed out innocently.

Galene encountered. "Not when they're wrong, but that person will probably replay that embarrassing moment every night of every day, and trying to forget that you were wrong-."

"In the name of Sukuna! Do you have to be so depressing?" Says Zephyr.

"I was born this way."

"Sukuna..?" Y/N whispered within herself, however it was loud enough for her mother to hear and feel the horror conquer her mind. The king of the cursed underworld had no right being in the mouth of her daughter.

The goddess has never like Sukuna in the slightest, he poisoned the world with his demonic nature, bringing fear and dismay to the human world she and the other gods of creations have work on for centuries.

As for Y/N, she couldn't recall where that name came from. But it felt oddly familiar. This blurry figure of a monster was left in her mind, she remembered when she was a child one of the old servants were briefly talking about him being abandoned before her mind blacked out to the present day.

"Some 1000 old geezer of the underworld!" The same grouchy old man drunkenly explained. "She's a goddess and doesn't even know the king? He says gobsmacked.

"That man's name is forbidden in the castle of Willow!" The red-haired goddess slammed her hand against the wood table, her loud presence shut the mouths of everyone's bickering. "Whoever dares to says his name when my children are around will be executed immediately! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"Yes, your highness." The table agreed in unison.

Willow took a breather and slowly sat back on her chair. She looked at her daughters. "Head back to your room. Now."

***

"Well, that night was..." Zephyr stopped braiding her hair and thought of the right word to describe the not so auspicious dance. She hung upside with her feet crossed over a thick vine holding her body weight, she plaited the ends of one of her sections.

Asteria concluded, lying on her stomach on her cloud and kicking her legs back and forth. "As one human has once said: pretty shit man."

"Guess I'm human then." Y/N gloomily retorted sitting lazily in her halo. She glanced down at Galene who was relaxing in her pool. "Sorry, Galene."

"You're forgiven, Y/N." Galene bowed her head down briefly. "And I think we are all sorry for tonight."

"Very." The nature goddess gracefully slide down her vine and sat on her flower-decorated bed. "Shouldn't of said the s-word. Mother's going to kill me." She sung.

Asteria floated next to her. "Don't say that."

"That's what she (Mother) said," Y/N said after fitting into her nightwear. "Yelled it out loud and everything."

"And that's what she said." Galene joked. It was rare for someone like her to spill out a joke now and then, well a joke that wasn't about death and/or self-degradation. Naturally, it spread laughter around the four swans of the island. Their last burst of energy before falling asleep and waking up the next day.

"Wait." Y/N arose from her silk f/c bed sheets. The other three do the same thing. She asked. "What was my time today?"

"Three minutes and twenty seconds." Zephyr read off her note. "The second shortest run. Still couldn't beat three minutes and four seconds."

"Then I'll make it three minutes and one second."