Ciara

Tides of Virtue – Chapter 24 (Fairy Tail Fan-Fiction)

…the kick had been perfectly aimed; however, just as the toe of her boot was about to collide with Laxus’s temple, which would have hopefully disorient him so that she could gain the upper hand in the fight, he caught her ankle and twisted her leg around so that she was forced to turn away from him and with the rotation of her leg, as to avoid having it broken. Now facing away from him, Serenity quickly kicked back with her other leg and landed a perfect strike to his abdomen, surprising him enough to free her captured ankle.

Swiftly, she lashed out again, this time successfully landing a blow to his jaw and to his ear, causing him to stumble backwards trying to balance himself after the disorientating strike. Taking advantage of this, she threw herself forward and wrapped her arms around his ankles, causing him to fall backwards onto the ground. Crawling ontop of him, stradling his waist, she brought her arm backwards to make another attack.

Coming back to his senses, Laxus blocked her punch, before placing his palm against her chest and sending her flying backwards with a blast of crackling electricity. Debri showered down around her as she collided with the cobblestone wall on the other side of the room with a resonating crash; a deafening thud followed as she fell to the ground, her head bouncing off it like a hollow balloon.

Bubbling laughter echoed around the quiet cathedral as Laxus sauntered toward where Serenity lay, paralyzed, from the intensity of his lightning, and the hot pain of slamming against the wall. “You talked like you were someone to be afraid of, but it doesn’t seem like you’re as tough as you thought you were, now does it?” Laxus smirked, prodding at her still form with the toe of his boot. “How pathetic. I should just end your misery now.” He put his hand up, a ball of electricity manifesting above his outstretched fingertips. Serenity closed her eyes, preparing for the worst.

After a few seconds past and nothing happened, she slowly let her eyelids flutter open just to find Natsu and Gajeel standing inbetween her and Laxus, their eyes blazing with an inspired passion and the muscles in their arms flexing and shivering as they clentched their fists so hard that their knuckles turned a pure, snowy white. Gajeel looked at her from over his broad shoulder.

“Come on, girly, that was nothing. Stand up.” She furrowed her eyebrows together, not totally understanding him in her dazed state. “I told you to stand up!”  he growled, causing a shiver of feeling to run down her spine making her fingers twitch. “Stand up already! Why do you always have to make everything seem so damn complicated?!”

“…shut…up…” she muttered, limply pushing herself onto her side, her breaths short and heavy. Narrowing her eyes and scowling deeply at her own patheticness, she firmly placed both her hands beneath herself and tried pushing her upper half off the ground.

 For a short moment she’d managed, but then her arms began to shake like spaghetti noodles before completely giving out. She fell back to the ground, an intense determination now blooming inside her chest like a spring flower as she tried once again to forced herself to her feet, this time succeeding, but her legs were wobbly and she had to support herself against the wall. That didn’t stop her from sending Laxus a triumphant glare, though, which just caused him to laugh.

“Only the weak get proud of being able to stand again after being knocked down,” he spat at her, “the strong are never on the ground. We are never overpowered. You. Are. Weak.”