Thinking of You

Allison hasn't been on a date in 18 years.

And what has Allison been doing all this time?

There isn't. Totally non-existent and has never dated a single guy.

All this time Allison's never taken woozy how to pick clothes, but it doesn't apply tonight. Allison doesn't know if  a horizontal striped purple gown with a string around the neck it looks good enough to attend dinner or not, whereas seven is less than 15 minutes away. In a second, when Allison was confused about her performance, Edward came with food in his hand.

"Ally, is that you?" Edward was stunned to see Allison standing in front of the mirror.

Allison sighed. "Is this dress okay enough in a man's sight?"

Edward's eye assessed, but the next second he raised both eyebrows. "Not bad for me. But, how quaint. Tell me what's going on? What are you attending?"

Allison's sitting on the bed. "More like who I'm meeting."

Edward put his lunch on Alison's bed.
He stares blankly. "You met a guy? Tell me who's the lucky guy?"

"We're just friends," Allison answered flatly.

Edward grinned and whistled. "Friends, but not after this date. Who knew maybe you guys would have a serious relationship. What's his name?"

"He was tall, blue eyed ... and his name is ... wait, I don't know his name! We were never formally introduced." Allison screams while covering her lips with her palms.

Edward approached Alison, who was considered to be his own daughter.

"And here you are, meeting a guy, dating him without even knowing his identity. You sure he's a good guy?"

Allison bit the softness of her lips. She nodded without hesitation. "He's nice."

"Well, then when did you meet?

Allison almost forgot her dinner date. The girl pulled at Edward's wrist because he was wearing a watch.

"Seven o'clock and I gotta get going, Ed."

"Then don't forget to ask his name." Edward outlined a smile and led Allison out of the cabin.

"Can I make sure once again about my performance?"

Edward chuckled a little. "Looks amazing, Ally. Your date awaits you."

Allison's red, rose lips clenched. "Thanks, Ed."

***

Edward never lied to Allison. So when the man said she was doing well tonight, she completely believed Edward's words.

Allison strolled a little past some of the top passengers in their fancy clothes, and that made her think that she was about to turn back into her cabin. It's not too late to go back to his cabin to embarrass yourself in a restaurant fully stocked by first-class passengers.

It's too late to turn around.

There, on the front steps of the big clock, Alison saw a walnut - haired man in a dark tuxedo with his back gaze making her slow down. After all, between the multitude of the Symphony of The Seas silver blue eyes broke through the commotion and found Allison walking at a distance.

Allison's olive eyes greedily witnessed the muscular, lofty, and broad shoulders of Chase.

"Hi," Chase called back with his lip fastened when Allison arrived in front of him. Right after that, the man took Allison's hand, bowed, with a brief kiss on the back of her hand.

"Hi." Allison commented with a clumsy smile. She don't know if what Chase does needs to be done.

"I almost didn't recognize you."

Allison's entire nerves tightened and felt awkward.  "It's the first time I've dressed up."

"Excellent," Chase said, and then he held Allison's hand in his hand as they entered the restaurant.

At first, Allison didn't have the guts to enter the top restaurant at Symphony of The Seas because of her third-grade passenger status, but remembered Chase was no different from her, Allison's fears and doubts ran through the air.