01 | falling in love is for idiots

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝ I forgot you love somebody else and that somebody else—torn between another beating heart who's wanted by somebody else, while mine was broken. Then, I felt a sudden thud in my chest when our eyes locked. A pulse had begun to grow, one I could not stop ❞

🎼

C H A P T E R  O N E 

"I can't go to prom night. What if I embarrass myself? Did you forget, we're introverts? Are you going with someone, or is it just us three?" Kevin storms downstairs when he hears his dad call out to him, the doorbell ringing, shoulders tense. 

Kevin opens the door to a pink-haired boy wearing a winning smile. 

Kevin's brown eyes shift right, meeting the raven's beaming ones. He smiles back, dismissing the call, one arm dropping. 

"Suprise!" Chanhee and Younghoon say in unison and hug the slightly taller male, which he returns, a little surprised.

A man appears, greeting his friends after washing the forgotten dishes in the sink. Kevin's thankful that his dad helps out with the chores. 

He's determined to maintain his academic progress, coming first in class, (even though he's in his last year), despite there being a distraction, only Chanhee, and Younghoon know. However, things have changed since his mom passed away last year. 

The notification bell of his phone going off, google reminding him of the weather's forecast for tonight, gives him an idea. He knows it's stupid but he doesn't want to go. 

It will work, hopefully.

"Seem like rain is on the way, sorry," the boy gives his best friends an apologetic smile, turning to face his dad who's crossed-arm, staring at him dead in the eyes.

"You're always in your bedroom studying or doing something creative. I'm not always going to let you stay inside, you need the sunlight or moonlight. Go out and have fun tonight, " His dad tells him, not buying his son's cute face. "I'm serious."

"Fine." Kevin finally agrees. 

That's exactly where Kevin finds himself. 

He's standing with Jacob, thank goodness he found him. 

They're surrounded by girls cheering, well most are if it wasn't for the gorgeous small band.

There are two handsome vocalists, a guitarist who can rap, a drummer with a sweet voice, he sometimes sings, then there's the quiet, mysterious, and charming pianist everyone adores who straight-up denies their feelings towards him.

He's just not interested, it's simple as that.

"I'm glad you came, though, " Jacob leans, telling Kevin as audile as possible.