15 | take me home

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝ You know the moon is never alone and even beyond the universe, there are millions of galaxies. But, there are also stars shining made up of helium. You won't always find a star next to the moon, and if you do, that's destiny. I'm always by your side, always ❞

🎼

C H A P T E R  F I F T E EN

BEFORE KEVIN CAN RESPOND, CHANGMIN TURNS AROUND, LEAVING THE PARTY WITH HIM. Kevin follows quietly, replaying the events in his mind from the moment he bumped into Jacob, and suddenly a thought dawns on him.

All this time, the dancer has been there for him. Even though he leaves and arrives like magic, he still has this astonishing effect on him that makes him forget everything but the dancer.

As if he's the only one who matters.

Kevin just isn't sure why, and as a matter of fact, why Changmin appears at the right time, saving him like a knight in shining armor. He immediately vanishes, making him question their relationship.

"Changmin," Kevin calls out, voice soft like the clouds he imagines must feel sailing in the blue sky, ever so sedate. "Where are we going? You can't take me anywhere without an explanation!"

No answer.

Kevin removes his hand from Changmin's grip almost too aggressively and walks forward. "You can't just lie about being my boyfriend. Who are you? My dad?" However, when he moves back, his foot slips off a stairstep from behind him, letting out a quiet yelp.

Changmin spins around immediately, grabs Kevin's hand, and pulls him back with every ounce of strength he has. Kevin falls on top of Changmin's back hitting the floor, resonating an inaudible thud.

They're in the same position as last time, tangled limbs, heart racing.

Shock sending lightning strikes through their skin, taking in shallow breaths. But Changmin can only focus on Kevin, enclosing his arms around him, shielding him from other possible catastrophes.

It takes a minute for Kevin to regain his composure. Lifting his head, his mocha eyes glance up and lock with Changmin's soft chocolate irises holding his. Despite the sweetest honey glittering in Jacob's eyes reminding him of the bright sun, radiating on him, it's not the same warmth he feels with Changmin's concerned gaze on him. He doesn't remember seeing him wear silver earrings glinting from the ceiling lights, and his hair is a darker brown, the shade of soil nurturing a seed before it blooms into a sprout.

Changmin's eyes flicker down, cheeks burning, and Kevin feels himself blush the color of crimson rose as he reaches out to caress his hair. Kevin forgets how to breathe, not leaving his gaze off his when he feels his hand overlap his, squeezing as a way of providing strength.