04 | wonder & stardust

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You are walking toward me like a bright sea of stars, some corners unexpectedly open. I guess there really is someone who understands my helplessness  — Follow The Light, Chen Zhouxuan

🎼

C H A P T E R  F O U R

CHANGMIN'S TOUCH IS LIKE A SNOWFLAKE. Ever so fragile and feels cold. Once it drops, it melts, leaving a tingling sensation of pure happiness in a single moment of silence that spreads warmth.

Changmin's hand moves down to cup Kevin's cheek, fingers brushing the remaining tear droplets unmoving on the brunette's cheekbone.

Kevin grasps the small of his wrist, pulls his arm down softly, and looks away.

He whispers under his breath, "Are you always this good with words?" Kevin's voice is too quiet.

Changmin catches his words anyway.

The older boy's eyes trail up to meet his warm blue eyes, in contrast to the ones he has seen for the first time when a laugh escapes his mouth. It's short and quick, leaving every little ounce of cheerful music boosting the serotonin he needs.

"No. But for you, to see you smile," Changmin says, bringing a silly one on Kevin's face.

"Don't do that," Kevin tells him.

"Do what?"

"Smile like that," a pause, "It hurts."

"What hurts?" Changmin playfully tilts his head to the side, cerulean eyes bright, utter joy sparkling in sapphire hues, relishing in the way Kevin has a deadpanned expression.

"My jaw," Kevin mumbles an apology in between as if the action was rude.

"Hey, you don't need to apologize, silly," Changmin says, and Kevin sees nothing but amusement that softens into concern.

His dad yelling from downstairs sends him a reminder: he's still here in his bedroom with a stranger by the window—a handsome and clever one. 

Kevin has no idea how the boy even knows where he lives.

"Is everything okay? I'm coming up!"

Kevin comes back to reality and shuts the window, startling the raven. He runs to the door, fumbling for his glasses lying on the desk, answering, "Yeah. I'm good!"

He's careful not to step on the books sprawled across the carpet but panics at the thud. He whips his head over his tense shoulders, eyes flickering back to his bedroom door as his dad's footsteps approach.

The door creaks open to a familiar tall figure, and he makes it to his bed before the man greets him, "Get some sleep. If you need me, I'll be downstairs."