02 | that school uniform

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝ Without the sun, the moon wouldn't shine. Stars, actually, are small suns. I don't want to be one like everybody else, though. If you are the moon, then I am the star shooting across to the sky to reach you who's far away yet so close ❞

🎼

C H A P T E R  T W O

KEVIN WAKES UP right away to the bright sunlight streaming through the blind vanilla curtains, cascading down his face with a racing heart.

A shock expression was evident on his face, eyes wide.

Another nightmare.

He runs a hand through his garnet bed hair, a sigh escaping his lips as his eyes finally take in the room he's in. Or it's a  daydream.

He's in Jacob's room, on his bed—never mind—the right side of the bed is empty: the sound of his phone ringing alerting him back to reality.

His eyes round in utter amazement going through the missed messages, anxious about replying to them, but because his dad is calling him right now, he figures he should answer him first.

"Hey, dad . . . " Kevin begins, phone close to his left ear.

"Kevin? Are you okay? You didn't come home last night. Is everything okay? Where are you?"

The boy would lie but he knows too well that is not happening.

There's concern dripping in his dad's voice. He can see his face vividly in his mind.

The same brown eyes as his sparkling full of disquiet, arms folded across his chest, leaning against the kitchen island. Breakfast on show decorating the dining table. It makes the boy's heart pang with guilt.

"I'm okay, just a little tired. I'm at Jacob's house . . . " he tells him.

His eyes wander around the room, landing on the very clothes thrown over a chair he was wearing last night, causing heat to spread up to his cheeks.

Kevin screams.

He quickly disconnects the call before his dad can reply.

It all makes sense now. He remembers what happened from the prom to kissing Jacob, then throwing up, which is great. Jacob probably doesn't like him anymore, he thinks.

It's kind of obvious, but then who changed his clothes?

If it was him, maybe, just maybe,  the brunette cares about him even after all that?

Kevin feels his cheeks redden at the thought and shakes it off, gaze catching the time on his phone, and mouths a holy shit, realizing he's going to be late for school. He can't afford any more tardies, otherwise, he'd have to write the finals.