Prologue

"Speech"

"Mental Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"YELLING"

Olympus; October 31st, 1999

Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Fertility, was sitting in her room in front of a mirror, brushing her hair as she waited for her husband Hephaestus. Despite what many believed, Aphrodite loved Hephaestus and didn't have any feelings for his brother Ares. The only reason she had her little... sexual flings with him, was to keep him in line, and under control. After all, as the mortal saying went, love and war go together; or something like that.

Initially, there were some issues in her marriage because of her get-togethers with Ares, and this had continued for hundreds of years. Finally, wanting to save her marriage and prove her love, Aphrodite sat down with Hephaestus and explained why she would have her little flings with Ares, and how he meant nothing to her, unlike Hephaestus. Thankfully, Aphrodite was able to save her marriage, and began to lessen her flings with Ares, much to the God of War's ire, and spent more time with her husband.

In many ways, Aphrodite's marriage had improved greatly, and Aphrodite kept her newfound promise to remain loyal to Hephaestus. She never again had any affairs with Ares, though she did often still visit the mortal world, and had small affairs with mortal men, resulting in demigod children. Granted though, Hephaestus also had small affairs with mortal women, resulting in the same results as the affairs Aphrodite had, and thus this was far more acceptable to either married partner. Either way, Aphrodite was a new goddess and a loyal wife to her husband.

'I'm so happy that Hephaestus agreed to give me another chance.' Aphrodite thought to herself, as she continued to run her brush through her silky blond hair. 'He's such an understanding husband, makes incredible and beautiful gifts, and he truly...'

Aphrodite's thoughts were interrupted, as she felt a sensation that she hadn't felt in nearly a millennia: a fertility ritual that she had long believed to have been lost, and would never feel again. Yet here she was, in the modern year of 1999, and someone in the mortal world was summoning her, for the gift of fertility. In the past during the time of Ancient Greece, and even Ancient Rome when she was Venus before Christianity took root, she often granted the ritual, and never thought twice about it. Now, however, her curiosity was caught and decided to take a look at who was performing the ritual.

Aphrodite quickly left a note for Hephaestus, explaining why she wasn't home, and why she left for the mortal world. After that was finished, Aphrodite traveled to the mortal country known as Britain, where the sensation of the ritual was coming from. Upon arriving at where the ritual was originating, Aphrodite took a look around and noticed that she was in a grotto of some kind, just outside of a large manor. Looking towards the center of the grotto, she saw two individuals; a man and a woman, chanting in Ancient Greek.

As she watched, she took note that their skins were practically glowing with magical energy. Aphrodite was able to figure out that the two were obviously from Hecate's little community, as they had magic enough to call for a blessing from Aphrodite. Admittedly though, she was amazed that magic using mortals were able to make the ritual work, as it was a little difficult to get right sometimes.

She hadn't had much to do with the wizarding world, only the occasional child here or there. The only significant contributions she made were the creation of Sirens and the Veela. She'd created Sirens in collusion with Poseidon, in one of her... previous affairs behind Hephaestus' back before she reformed herself, and was quite pleased with how many of them still worshipped her. Veela, on the other hand, were one of the few things she and her husband had worked on together. Their creation had been a lovely project, and a wonderful husband and wife bonding time; as well as the foundation for her redemption in her husband's eyes. Veela were beautiful and had a watered-down version of her Amokenesis from here – which they called 'The Allure' – and unheard of mastery over the element of fire, which they'd gotten from her dear Hephaestus. The Veela still built temples for the two of them, something that gave them both an interesting solidarity in this modern world compared to many of the others. She had not gone near the wizarding world other than interactions with the two species in over a thousand years.