Chapter 1

"Speech"

"Mental Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"YELLING"

Privet Drive, Surrey, England; November 1st, 2001

Albus Dumbledore sighed heavily as he waited for Rubeus Hagrid to arrive, with his friend and deputy headmistress, Minerva McGonagall. They had both received a terrible confirmation that their two former students, James, and Lily Potter, were murdered by the dark wizard known as Lord Voldemort, but thankfully their only son and heir Harry James Potter had survived. It was the reason that the two of them were here now, in front of house number four, of the muggle street Privet Drive, so that they could deliver the child to his only remaining living family: his mother's sister, Petunia Dursley. Dumbledore hoped that the woman would take him in, and treat him as though he was her own, the way Lily would've wanted her to; though to be fair and honest, he wasn't that convinced.

He remembered the numerous talks he and Minerva had with Lily, that she didn't get along with her sister very well. Albus distinctly remembered that Lily specifically mentioned that her sister had called her nasty names on numerous occasions, and never once apologized for them. He was rather hoping that Lily's sister had grown out of her vindictive ways, and would treat Harry as if he was like her own child, but somehow he couldn't help but feel deep down that it was doubtful. Unfortunately, as far as Dumbledore was aware, Petunia Dursley was the only family Harry Potter had left, and because he was concerned for the young child's safety, he would have to stay with his aunt, until he was old enough to go to Hogwarts.

As he was thinking, Dumbledore felt a strange sensation in his mind, but that shouldn't have been possible, as his Occlumency shields were strong; but before he had a chance to figure out who managed to bypass his occlumency shields, the presence in his mind was gone, leaving him more confused. His thoughts were interrupted, however, as he and McGonagall heard the sound of rumbling. Looking up, the aged wizard and witch saw what looked like a muggle motorcycle flying down towards them, with a large man riding on it. They watched as the large man landed on the road, and came to a stop in front of them.

"I trust there were no problems, Hagrid?" Dumbledore asked, relief beginning to take place in his heart.

The large man, Hagrid, removed the goggles from his face and rested them on his massive forehead, at least whatever part that wasn't covered by his mane of hair. His face was nearly covered with hair from his scalp, to the beard on his face. Dumbledore and McGonagall watched, as he gently handled a small bundle in a light blue blanket in his large arms.

"None at all Professor Dumbledore," Hagrid replied, as he got off the motorcycle. "Little tyke fell asleep as we flew over Bristol."

Dumbledore breathed a sigh of relief, as he took the bundle from Hagrid. Inside the bundle, was the young Potter heir, as he slept peacefully. His small face nearly resembled that of James, and from the one time that Dumbledore had seen his eyes, they were the same as Lily's, though his lips were uniquely his own it seemed. The only glaring feature that the child had, was the lightning bolt scar just above his right eye.

"Well done Hagrid," Dumbledore said, as he looked at the five times larger man. "Out of curiosity Hagrid, where did you get the motorcycle?"

"Oh, I borrowed it from young Sirius Black, sir." Hagrid replied, patting the handles.

Dumbledore and McGonagall shared a concerned look, as they heard Sirius Black's name. The two believed that Black might have betrayed the Potters, as he was supposed to be their Secret Keeper.