Chapter 11

It's been a week since I left the company. I'm jobless. All I'm doing at home is either eat, sleep or watching TV. I didn't mind it at first, since the people at work keep calling me to either persuade me to come back or to force me to give an appropriate notice on my leaving. They're treating me like a kid on a rebel. Deducting all the annual leaves I'm eligible to take, my notice is an appropriate one week notice. So, to be honest, it feels nice to know that they're having a hard time without me in the team.

But now with no job, I'm starting to use my savings for my needs. Mom has been saying that she's glad that I quit my job because she said she saw how I was treated there. But is this any different now? I was unhappy and I'm still unhappy. I guess I'm a person with a lot of complains for the world. Sigh.

While watching a drama that has been replaying over and over on the TV, I couldn't hold it much longer. I need to get out. So I went to change my clothes and drive out, not really sure where I'm headed yet. I just drove around for 20 minutes, with no where to go.

I'm confused, how do people in dramas go out with no where to go and ended up somewhere like their ex's house or something? I can't think of anywhere to go, I'm just going around and around wasting my gas. Sheesh, I don't want to go back home and sit around again. Jieun and Eunha are busy too. Ah.. I'm so pathetic.

Then, I suddenly thought of someone. So, I made a quick turn and decided that I should give him a visit. After a short drive, I arrived.

Dad's resting place.

Putting in the small bouquet of flowers I bought from the flower shop earlier, I bowed in front of him.

Dad, how are you? I hope you're doing much better than before. I'm sorry I can't come often. I was busy, but I'll make sure I visit a lot after this. Also, please tell God, I need a job as soon as possible since you're closer to him now.

I laughed a bit at my own thoughts. Sigh.

I miss you, Dad. I'll get on my feet back soon, so don't worry too much. Mom and I are doing fine. I'll take care of Mom twice as hard since I didn't get to do that for you. Wish me the best, Dad. I love you.

I bowed again before leaving.

On my way back, I received a call from an unknown number. I was contemplating to answer it because it might be the people from my previous company. But then, they call again. I answered it but didn't say anything when a familiar voice rangs on the other side of the line.

"Sookyung?"

"Oh? Suk oppa?" I asked. "What's up?"

"Yeah, it's me. I wanted to ask if you're free right now? I have something to ask you." To be honest, I didn't plan to go home yet. So I just decided to meet up with him instead. After the call, I drive to the cafe that we promised to meet up earlier.

Walking in, I saw Hyun Suk sitting on one of the tables near the counter. Alone, with his head down, looking at his phone. His infamous bucket hat covering half his face, and the rest covered with a mask.

"What's up with the mask? Anyone would've thought that you're an idol or something hahaha." I greeted. Well, kind of.

"어 수경아, 왔어? Have a seat." (Oh Sookyung, you're here?) he greeted back. Taking off his mask, he continued, smiling, "I already ordered your drink, it's what you like." I thanked him when my drink came right on time. I asked him about the sudden meet up, and he seemed to be hesitating about something.

"Um.. I'll get straight to the point then. I heard that you quit your job?"

Ah.. I have a feeling this is going to get uncomfortable.