Town For Sale: 1

I sat at the table reading a new article in the Prophet. I heard the door swing open and Dad came in gasping for air. My eyebrow raised and I folded the paper in half. David and I shared a look before turning our attention back to the scene.

"We're getting out!" He breathed, "We're finally getting out!" Alexis gave a happy laugh.

"You're serious?" I said in disbelief. He nodded.

"I mean it!" He replied. The room went into chaos. Mom started screeching and Alexis was jumping up and down on the floor. She even jumped onto David's back. I was at a loss for words but left to let them pack.

*****

Hermione, my new fiancé, had the best idea of enchanting muggle phones and taught me to use one. I pressed on her contact and pressed 'Dial'.

ME: "Sweetheart?"
HERMIONE: "Evy, What's up?"
ME: "Just wanted to talk to you. How's school?"
HERMIONE: "Fine, I'm just missing you so much, dear."
ME: "Miss you too. I trust that you're studying hard."
HERMIONE: "I always study."
ME: "Just joking, anyway, I have big news."
HERMIONE: "What? Is the wedding canceled? Please don't, I love you!"
ME: "NO, dear! Relax, my dad just found a buyer for the town."
HERMIONE: "Thank Godric." *silence* "Wait, he found someone to buy it!! That's AWESOME!!"
ME: "I know, right!"
HERMIONE: "I have to go. Exams are starting. Love you!"
ME: "Love you."

I smiled fondly and slipped my phone into my robes. Mom walked out of her room with the fur coat Dad and I had bought for her.

"Mum, is that the coat Dad and I bought for you?" I raised an inquisitive brow. She blushed a bit and walked over.

"Yes, it is, I'm going to go give it to Jocelyn." She said, "It'll be the first piece of clothing that she has that isn't made in mainland China!" Mom stated, defensively. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"The contract hasn't even been signed yet. What if the deal falls through?" I asked. She rolled her eyes and sauntered off. I stood up and brushed my robes off. David opened his door and poked his head out.

"Ev!" He called, "Help me!" I ran into the room. There was luggage scattered around the room. David carried two of his platinum suitcases and heaved them to the door. He huffed and glared at me.

"Well don't just stand there. Do some magic thing and make the suitcases go to the truck." I sighed and stepped aside allowing him to go through. There were still some of his things left so I decided to bring those out.

"Are you two stealing Roland's truck?" Stevie questioned. I chuckled and put the suitcases on the truck.

"It's not exactly a Tesla, but, it'll get our bags to the airport," David responded, patting the car. I rolled his eyes and sent Stevie a suggestive look. She blushed and gave me the bird discreetly. My stomach grumbled. I grunted and walked up the street to the Café.

*** *

I walked into the Café and saw my dad, Roland, and a man I didn't know. Roland's gaze locked onto mine.

"Ev! C'mere!" He called, raucously. Roland stood and guided me to the table. The buyer was a pudgy man with a scruffy grey beard and wild hair. The man stood up and shook my hand. I felt Roland clap me on the back.

"This here Andy is Evan. He's Johnny's youngest boy." Roland introduced. Andy's eyes widened in recognition.

"Lord Slytherin." The man bowed his head, "It's an honor." I chuckled. Roland pushed me into a chair.

****

"So, what you're saying is, he got a little short with you?" Roland joked. Andy, dad, and I laughed loudly. Roland banged his fists on the table.

"You weren't, uh, quite seeing eye to eye," Dad said in an attempt to joke. I shook my head and facepalmed. Andy turned back to dad.

"So, are we gonna get this puppy signed or what?" He asked. Dad grinned and turned the contact to him.

"Oh, there's a good idea!" He responded. I kept a polite smile on my face, "Andy, I've got the bill of sale right here. And, if you wanna put your Johnny Hancock right there on the first tab-" Roland grabbed Andy's hand.

"Hold on a second here, I think I got a better idea." Roland grinned idiotically. I huffed silently.

Oh BOY