eleven

I was determined to talk to her today. I needed to. So it was with a clear goal that I entered my English class this morning. I sat down behind her, admiring her, and appreciating that I now could put a name on that beautiful being. I wasn't really paying attention, but at some point I heard something about partnering up. I was about to tap Harper on her shoulder and ask her, when she turned around and flashed me that beautiful smile.

"Alec, right?" And I swear in that instant my tongue tied itself together and my body turned to clay. I couldn't move a muscle. So instead I nodded in the most awkward way. She just lightly chuckled clearly remembering our interaction earlier this week, which made me really happy.

"Do you wanna be my partner?" She asked, all sweet and perfect.

Hell YES!

I just nodded, and smiled back at her. A genuine smile though, cause how could I not? She turned back to face the board, and our teacher who again started talking. I suddenly began listening, cause if I were to impress Harper with this assignment I at least had to know what it was about.

"In your pairs, you will work to write an essay over one of Ernest Hemmingways novels..." Fuck. We had been working with them for at least a month but I had not read a single one of them. "You have two weeks to complete the assignment, and I do expect you to spend time on it at home, since you will not get any time in the classroom."

Now I didn't know what to say. I got to spend time alone with Harper? Great! Amazing even. But bringing her home? To meet the brothers? Or perhaps going to her place and meeting that scary man from when I meet her on the street? Maybe not that amazing.

But before I figured out what to do, the bell rang and we all hurried out of the classroom. People were standing chatting in the hallway, and I was standing waiting for Harper so we could talk about where and when to meet. As I was standing there waiting, Boomer and Nick came walking by, sending me pitiful eyes, knowing just how deep shit I was in. And if I hadn't been a teenage boy who would refuse to believe he even had a heart, I would have said it broke.

Luckily Harper came out before I started thinking to much about the guys and just how much I missed them. "So what's the plan?" She asked.

"We can meet at my place. Today?" I suggested, a bit to eager, suddenly realizing I was still very grounded. And Joe might not like me bringing anyone over, but he would beat me ass if I actually left the house. But I would never tell her that. She apparently didn't notice how suspicious I sounded, because she just agreed but said that she just had to go home first

I was eating lunch with Sergio and Aiden. And all of their friends. Normally I felt really out of place, but I had been doing this for two weeks now, and besides I was occupied. I was to busy burying my nose in our Hemmingway novels, trying to catch up, so I could be ready for today. That, Sergio clearly couldn't grasp.

"Okay, Alec," he asked, catching the attention of everyone at the table. "What the hell are you up to?"

"I'm reading," I stated matter-of-factly

"Yeah, I see that, but why?"

"And why now?" Trevor, one of their friends chimed in. I had never had anything against him. Until now.

"It's for school..."

"I have literally never seen you pick up a book before," Aiden stated, now also getting involved. "Let alone, in your break."

"Geez! Would you guys just leave me alone! We have to write an essay in pairs and I don't wanna leave my partner hanging," I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Your partner, eh?" Sergio asked suspiciously, while glancing at Nick and Boomer who were arguing about something. Probably something stupid. Probably whether Messi or Ronaldo were best. Or perhaps who should have won X-factor and why the judges are dum. Or maybe even which pornstar is hottest. Oh how I missed being a part of those stupid discussions.

"Relax, it's a girl." As soon as it slipped out of my mouth I mentally slapped myself so hard, I think I gave myself a concussion. And the people at the table were quick to go "oooh" and say stupid shit like: "don't forget a condom" or "go, Alec!" In that moment I hated myself.

"Does Joe know?" Aiden asked, suddenly getting serious.

"He doesn't need to know everything," I mumbled as I poked my food with my fork.

"Haha very funny, Alec," Sergio erupted, not sounding the slightest bit amused.

The table had gone quiet after they realized that I might actually be in trouble, and most of them knew what trouble meant at the Garcia-household. I suddenly lost my appetite, and felt like throwing up. Of course Joe had to ruin everything! I got up and threw the rest of my food out. No one said a thing about it, so I just went to my next class.

****** Two in a day! I hope you like it. Please leave a vote and a comment so I know what you think about it :) ****