seven

"Im sorry, this is gonna sound strange... but don't we have english class together?" The voice was soft-spoken. Delicate. 

I slowly turn around to see the girl from my English class. She's just as stunning up close. If not even more. Her eyes were this beautiful grey color. Or were they blue? Perhaps even green? Beautiful never the less. She had big beautiful lips and eyes that made her look so innocent. 

"Or am I wrong?" she asked, worried. "Oh shit, im sorry. Thats so embarrassing. And so typical me, I truly am so..."

"No, no!" I cut her off. "You're right. Absolutely right."

"Oh so you are the guy who was half an hour late for our class this morning?" She asked, almost teasingly.

"Well first of all im pretty sure it wasn't half an hour," I stated, slightly offended. "And second of all it wasn't my fault."

"Oh sure."

"What, you don't believe me?!" I said whilst grabbing my chest, and acting overly hurt.

"Well who else faults is it then?" She sounded amused.

"I happen to share a house with a ton of morons."

"Oh wow, that's a lot." She laughed. Her laugh was beautiful. Genuine. Real.

She stopped laughing and we kind of just stood there. Looking at each other and not really at the same time. 

"Well, shit, were are my manners? Im Alec," I stated and put my hand forward to shake hers.

"Harper."

We fell back in to the awkward silence. And I just smiled at her. She smiled back before looking at the ground.

I was just about to break the silence when a car pulled up, and an older looking man with tattoos  up and down his body, or at least the parts I could see, stuck his head out the window.

"Harper, doll, come on." His voice was all rusty and dark. It sounded used. She waved at me awkwardly and got in the backseat, as the man starred at me, with a frightening look on his face. The car gassed up and they drove away. There had been a gun laying on the dashboard. Oh fuck then.

I trudged up our driveway, my mind buried in my own thoughts. I still couldn't quite believe that I had actually spoken with her. And she gave me her name. Not her number though, but one step at a time, Alec.

"Alexander." Joe stood in the door with an angry glare, starring right down at me. You never wanted to be the one those angry eyes landed on. But apparently I was still riding my high from talking to Harper, and i seemed to have forgotten just how mad Joe could be when he wanted to.

"Joseph." My voice was steady. To steady for Joe's liking. And in that moment I could've sworn that his face shapeshifted. 

In one swift movement he grabbed my ear and dragged me through the door, past the now empty sofa and empty kitchen up to my bedroom, where he tossed me across the room while simultaneously letting me know through yelling and slurs that I was not in the right to... well anything.

"Get up." His voice was now icy cold. "Get up."

I was just laying there, shaking. I knew that this could in no way end good, and I knew that I was simply pushing his buttons. But my body wouldn't obey. 

"Get up! You wanted to be a part of the streets right?! You wanted to be oh so big and now you can't fucking take it!" He kneeled down besides me, and with and icy voice he made sure that I knew just how doomed I was. "And then you have the audacity to talk to me that way. To think you have the right!"

He grabbed my arm and tossed me across the bed, and first then I saw the belt hanging from his hand. 

"No, Joe, please," I begged.

"Oh now you won't call me Joseph, huh?"

When I didn't answer the first string of pain hit me. And let me make one thing clear: this wasn't a spanking. The first stroke hit me on my back, and the next one on my hand trying to block it.

"Let me make one thing clear, Alec, you don't have the *WHACK* right *WHACK* to *WHACK* anything. I am in *WHACK* charge *WHACK* of *WHACK* you. I am *WHACK* responsible *WHACK* for*WHACK* you. And I won't let myself *WHACK* fail that responsibility. I won't let you stop me from *WHACK* raising *WHACK* a *WHACK* proper *WHACK* person."

He stopped. Probably to catch his breath. 

"I won't let you destroy your *WHACK* future!"

He threw the belt on the ground, and turned me so I faced him, his hand grasping so tight on my face that I couldn't breath. "Look at your sister. Do you want to end up as Melanie? Huh, answer me!" He slapped me across the face, just smudging out the tears and snot. I wanted to shake my head no but I couldn't move it. "Answer me!" He hit me again, harder than the last time. And again, and again, and again, and again, till I couldn't keep my eyes open and I blacked out.

And at that moment I knew why Aiden and Sergio had been so sorry about Mason hitting me. They knew how much it could hurt.

hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I will try and update more recently, I just kinda lost motivation but I think im back at it again :)