XIV

"Hey Hunter." I said, walking up to him. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Diamond. What's up?"

"This might sound weird, but I have a question to ask you." I began. "Can you go to the homecoming dance with Isabella?"

He looked confused. "Like... Isabella Monez?"

"Yeah." I said, fiddling my fingers. "You didn't hear this from me but Isabella likes you. She's just way too nervous to even talk to you so I said I would ask you to homecoming for her. You wanna go?"

Hunter scratched the back of his head. "I mean, she's a nice girl but... actually sure. I'll go with her. I don't have a date and it's better to go with someone who I kinda know then some random girl who'll probably end up ditching me."

"Yay thank you, Hunter!" I exclaimed. "She'll be so happy! We're gonna get ready and my house and go to the dance together, but you guys can meet there."

He chuckled. "It's no problem. You better get back to your boyfriend, though. He looks like he's about to blow a fuse."

I turned around and saw Ryan staring at Hunter and I with his jaw clenched.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Why were you talking to him?"

"Alright first of all, chill out. You're not one of my brothers who goes all psycho protective on me." I said, putting my hands on my hips. "And the reason I was talking to him, since you need to know, is I was asking him if he could go to the dance with Isabella. She's too scared to ask herself."

He sighed. "I'm sorry, babe. It just don't trust Hunter."

"He's done nothing wrong. It's just that both of your egos are so big you can't handle being close to each other." I said, giggling and patting his chest. He smirked at me and I grinned up at him.

The next day

"HOMECOMING IS TODAY!!!"

I winced at the sound of Isabella's voice on the other end of the phone.

"I know I know!" I said, laughing. Her and Raina were coming over today to get ready with me. Isaac would meet us at the dance.

"We're gonna look so pretty in our dresses! I bet Ryan is gonna love seeing you in yours." she said suggestively. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just get here soon. Raina just texted me and told me she was leaving her house."

She nodded and we hung up. A little while later, I heard the doorbell ring and ran downstairs.

"Hey guys!" I greeted, opening the door for Raina and Isabella. On our way upstairs, we almost ran right into Elijah.

"Hey girls." he said warmly.

"Elijah, these are my friends Raina and Isabella. They're here to get ready for the dance with me." I introduced. Elijah smiled at them before heading downstairs while we continued to my room.

"Alright, girls, first is makeup. Not to brag, but I can do some pretty amazing makeup." Raina said.

"Honestly I suck at makeup so I'm giving you complete freedom to do whatever you want." I said grinning.

"Then I call hair." Isabella chimed in.

"I can also help with hair." I added.

We all started getting ready. Raina did my makeup first while Isabella stood behind her and did her hair. Once my makeup was done, Raina did Isabella's makeup while I did her hair. Then, Raina did her own makeup in front of a mirror while Isabella and I did her hair.