XV

Time seemed to move at double the speed. Screams and shouts echoed through the walls of the hall. The sounds of bullets being shot never ceased. I was frozen in shock until a felt an agonizing pain in my right thigh. I looked down and saw blood oozing out, blending in with the color of my dress. In a split-second Ryan had me on the floor, draping his body over mine as a shield. He looked around frantically for the source of the sound. I laid my head in my arms until the shooting finally stopped.

"Diamond?" Ryan whispered in my ear. I looked up and saw the dance hall. It was a complete mess. The chairs and tables were turned over and the decorations that were previously on the walls and ceilings were in heaps on the floor. I saw bodies of classmates and blood from wounds spilled on the floor. The sight was disturbing and scarring.

"Ryan." I spoke, reaching back and grabbing onto his tux. He slowly got off of me and helped me up. I winced at the pain in my leg and fell forward, him completely supporting me.

"Shh, shh, it's okay." He soothed as I began to cry, burying my face in his jacket. Ryan picked me up bridal style and quickly carried me out the door. He put me in the backseat of his car and started the engine. I looked down and saw the blood rapidly spilling out of my thigh onto the seats.

"Where are we going?" I muttered weakly as we sped through the streets. I noticed how tight Ryan was holding the steering wheel, and veins in his neck looked like they were gonna pop.

"Your house." he said. I shook my head frantically.

"No! We cannot go there! My brothers will know I was with you!" I argued sitting up, falling back with a groan as the blood rushed up into my head.

"Honestly, Diamond, I don't care if they skins me alive. It's the only place you'll be safe." Ryan said, ending the argument. The rest of the ride was quiet, Ryan muttering an occasional "fuck" or "how could I be so stupid".

We eventually got to the front gate. The guard looked suspicious of Ryan, but when I spoke up from the backseat and told him a general gist of what happened, he immediately let us in.

Ryan pulled up to the front and jumped out of the car and came my side. He carried me to the door, blood dripping on the ground behind us, and hurriedly banged on the door. I was feeling faint due to the amount of blood I lost, but Ryan kept telling me to stay awake. I leaned into his chest and focused on breathing to think about the pain.

I heard the door open and then a gasp. I turned towards the door and saw Xavier standing there, his eyes filled with fear. I realized I probably looked horrific in my smudged makeup and ruined dress, blood pouring out of my wound.

"Xavier who's at the door?" I heard a shout. It was Elijah. Xavier didn't say anything, but moved out of the way to let Ryan in. As he carried me into the house, I heard yelling from around us.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HER?"

"Why is she with you?!"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!?!"

The yelling ceased suddenly, and I turned away from the safety of Ryan's chest to see what happened. The sight made me gulp.

Vincent was standing in front of us, a hard expression on his face. He looked at me, limp in Ryan's arms, and then at him angrily.

"What happened?" he asked seriously. Ryan set me down on the bed and the rest of my brothers swarmed me.

"May I?" Elijah asked, pointing to my dress. I weakly nodded and he slightly lifted up my the bottom of my dress, exposing the bullet wound. I heard gasps and murmurs from the rest of the boys.

Elijah poured some disinfectant on the wound, which stung. I winced and grasped the nearest hand.

"I need to get this bullet out, Diamond." Elijah sighed. "This is gonna hurt, but I need you to be brave, okay?"

I nodded and Elijah pulled out a pair of tweezers. I peeled my eyes away from the sight and focused on the hand I was holding, which ended up being Zander's. I thought he would be annoyed, but he surprisingly didn't say anything. Instead, he looked worried.

I suddenly felt a piercing pain on my thigh and gritted my teeth. I squeezed Zander's hand tightly, and a part of me worried that I was gonna break it.

"Almost got it..." Elijah muttered. I pressed my lips together so I wouldn't scream.

"And it's out." He breathed, wrapping the wound in gauze. I relaxed against the couch and released Zander's hand. Now everyone turned to Ryan. Some had angry expressions, while others looked stern.

"Before you murder me, at least let me explain." He began, holding his hands up defensively. "I was at the dance with her sitting with a couple of our friends. We went on the floor and suddenly there was a gunshot. Diamond was shot in the leg. We didn't know where the rest of our friends were so I brought her here. She told me the address."

I internally sighed, grateful he spared some of the details.

"Why were you even talking to her anyway?" Tyler growled.

"I told you, we have some common friends. I had to say something to her." Ryan retorted.

Vincent shook his head. "Thank you for saving her. You are a good friend to her and we appreciate it. But that's where it ends. I'm letting her be friends with you since you helped her, but you don't want to know what will happen if I hear that you two are doing anything more than that. Is that understood?"

"Vincent." I groaned weakly.

"No he's right Diamond. Just friends." Ryan nodded in confirmation.

"Good. Now get out." Vincent said. My brothers all turned to me, but I didn't miss the wink Ryan sent my way as he walked out of the door.

Vincent looked at me. "You heard what I said to Ryan, correct? Friends. Nothing more."

I nodded, still weak from the blood loss. Elijah rubbed my head.

"We'll talk more tomorrow. For now she has to rest." he said.

Vince swooped me into his arms and carried me up the stairs, the rest of my brothers following. He gently laid me on my bed.

"Good night, Diamond." he said, and as I drowsed off I felt a pair of lips brush against my forehead.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you."

Aw Vince

Anyways go follow the insta @/rosydreamsxoxo

Comment, vote, and share for a cookie :) xoxo

- Nina <3