VII

*Ryan's POV*

After Diamond left, I went back inside to get my keys so I could leave. As soon as I got in, Chelsea grabbed my arm and pushed herself up against me.

"Ryannnn," she said in a whiny voice, "where were you?"

"None of your business." I said, pushing her away from me. "I'm leaving now." I said to my friend Chase. He nodded and I saw Chelsea pout. I ignored her and grabbed my keys and headed out the door. I don't like to be mean to Chelsea, it's just that she's so annoying. And I can't get rid of her because she's always attached to me and throws herself at me like the other girls try to. I got on my bike and headed home.

At home

I parked my bike and walked up the steps to my house. Once I got inside, I saw Maria, our housekeeper, clearing the dining table.

"Hello Ryan." She said kindly when she saw me. "Would you like to eat something?"

"No it's okay, Maria." I replied. "Is dad home?"

She nodded and told me he was in his office. I got there and knocked on the huge wooden doors.

"Come in." I heard my dad's voice say. I walked in and he looked up and smiled when he noticed me.

"Hey Ryan." Dad said, leaning back on his chair. "How was the party?"

"It was good, dad. How's work."

"Oh, you know. Still stressful. I hired a few more boys to start training with us. I want to expand."

I nodded. My dad worked so hard for us. My mother died when I was two years old. She was visiting some friends in the city and went to visit a museum on her own. An active shooter infiltrated the building and my mother was killed. Since then it was just me and Dad. He hired Maria when I was four and it was getting too busy at his job for him to be home all the time. Maria practically raised me, and I thought of her as a mother.

"I'm still trying to arrange an alliance with the Italian mafia. Their Boss still won't get over what your grandfather did to his, but I think it would benefit us all if we could move past it. We have some strong enemies, and if we worked together we could be stronger." Dad spoke up, interrupting my train of thought.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. My father is the leader of the German mafia. He's been trying to form an alliance with the Italian mafia for years, but they won't have it. I guess they have some family issues with us.

The next day

*Diamond's POV*

I woke up with a groan. Last night's events came back to me in waves. I shuddered. Thank god Ryan was there. I don't know what I would've done without him.

I walked downstairs and saw Vince sitting at the table.

"Good morning, Diamond." he said, not looking up from the papers spread out in front of him.

"Hey, Vince." I greeted back grabbing a bowl for cereal. I came around the table to see what he was reading. "It must suck having work on the weekends."

"Oh it's not much, just business stuff." he said, quickly grabbing the papers and putting them in a manila file before I could see. I raised an eyebrow. What did he have to hide?

Before I could think too much, though, Xavier came up from the basement. He smiled at me in greeting.

"So, Diamond, I know your birthday is soon. What do you want to do?" Xavier asked me. With everything that has happened, I forgot that my birthday was in two weeks.

"I'm not sure." I replied. "Usually Mom and I would get takeout from our favorite Chinese restaurant and watch movies."

Xavier nodded before taking a bite of his toast. Vincent said he had some work to do before retreating to his office, so I decided to go to my room and get started on some homework. I pulled out my work for pre-calc and got started. Once I finished everything, it was around noon.

I checked my phone and saw that I had a few text messages. Most of them were from a group chat with Isabella, Raina, and Isaac, but I had one from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: You don't know?

Me: Nope

Unknown: I'll give you a hint: you saw me last night.

Me: Ryan?

Unknown: Yup ;)

Me: How'd you get my number?

Ryan: I have my sources

Ryan: Anyways I texted you because I wanted to make sure you were alright, you know after what happened at the bonfire

Me: I'm okay. Thank you for helping me. I just hope that never happens again.

Ryan: No worries

I suddenly heard footsteps coming to my door.

Me: Someone's coming, I'll text you later.

Ryan: Bye

I quickly turned off my phone just as Elijah walked into my room. He looked at me suspiciously.

"What were you doing?" he inquired.

"Nothing." I answered with a straight face. "What's for lunch? I'm starving."

He still looked unconvinced but dropped it. We ended up ordering pizza for lunch and spent the rest of the evening watching movies and just relaxing. I didn't see Vince all day, and when I asked Elijah he just said that he was busy.

*Vincent's POV*

The sickening crack of bones filled the air as I continued kicking the man on the floor. He was begging for mercy, but I didn't give it to him.

"I'm sorry!" he pleaded, clutching his ribs. When I thought he had enough, I motioned to the men surrounding the room. Immediately, one stepped forward and aimed his gun toward the man on the floor. Before he could react, he shot him in the head. The sound of the gunshot echoed throughout the chamber.

"What did that man even do, Vince?" Will asked me. Will was one of my closest friends, and worked with me in the business.

I wiped my hands on a towel that was handed to me. "He stole from us. You know the drug shipment that came in last week? That man was part of the group that stole ten cartons. We already got the rest of his men. He was the last one."

William nodded and we both left the room as the rest of our men cleaned the blood from the floor. I headed home, preparing to mask the face that just killed a man with one that wouldn't scare my little sister.

I'm back y'all!! Exams are over and now I can FINALLY start writing again! How did y'all like the multiple point of views? I had a lot of writer's block this chapter because I needed to get things going, but I have some crazy stuff planned ;) Again, follow my instagram @/ rosydreamsxoxo for writing updates. I can't believe we're at 3.5k reads!! Thank you guys so much and don't forget to vote, comment, and share :))) xoxo

- Nina <3