Chapter 9

~Y/N POV~

"I AM HER TO WAKE YOU UP!" I roll over and shut my alarm off. I quickly get up and get changed. I run out the door and see Ochaco.

"Hey Y/N you ready to go?" She says while jogging in place.

"Yep, how about we race loser makes breakfast."

"Y/N you might not want me in charge of breakfast. I only know how to make toast." She said while rubbing the back of her head.

"Hey, I like toast too!" I said. Honestly, a simple breakfast didn't sound bad.

"Fine. But I already know I'll lose. You are faster than me with or without your quirk." She laughed out at me. She was right. I was fast. Guess it's toast and fruit for breakfast today! We began to run towards the athlete's park and of course, I beat her. We worked on arms for the day. By the end of our workout, my arms were screaming. I'm going to feel that tomorrow. I look over toward the path by the athlete's park and see a familiar blond head of hair running on the path. The sight froze me to my spot he was shirtless. His tank top was hanging from his shorts pocket and beads of sweat were planted on his skin. I couldn't look away. He looked like a chiseled marble statue. Suddenly I jumped when I felt Ochaco place a hand on my shoulder.

"Earth to Y/N!" Ochaco giggled at me. I quickly turned around and faced the girl.

"Sorry, what were you saying." I quickly snapped back hoping she wouldn't question my zoning out.

"You ready to go?" I nodded and quickly started walking away back towards my apartment I waved at Ochaco and ran to take a shower and get changed. She came over and began making toast and cutting fruit while I made coffee. I grabbed the two cups from the counter and started making my way towards the coffee table when I tripped up on the rug and dropped one of the cups causing it to shatter and spill coffee all over the rug.

"Oh no Y/N are you okay? I'll grab a rag to clean that up." Ochaco grabbed a rag and came over but I stopped her before she could clean it. The memory of the mirror crossed my mind.

"What's wrong Y/N we need to clean this before it stains." I shook my head and place the other cup on the coffee table in front of me before I turn back and face the shattered cup and spilled coffee.

"Move away from the stain Ochaco. I want to try something." She looks at me confused but complies. I place my hand out in front of me and close my eyes. I imagine the cup in its original state. I open my eyes and my palms are now glowing. I start to slowly turn my hand to the right and the pieces start to float back to one another and meld together. Then the liquid disappears from the rug like it had never been there, to begin with. The cup fills back up with steaming coffee and floats back to my hand. It is now back to its original form. I can't believe that worked. I look up at Ochaco who is floored at the events that just transpired.

"When did you learn to do that?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. 

"My mirror broke the other day and I wanted to fix it. I placed my hand out in front putting the pieces back together and slowly turned my hand like I just did, and the pieces seemed to melt together. I don't know why I'm able to do it, but it just happens." She nodded her head in understanding still amazed at what just happened.

"Well, whatever you are doing its amazing." We both smiled at each other and I set the cup on the table. Suddenly the toaster dinged, and the toast popped out. Ochaco ran to the kitchen throwing the toast on a plate spreading butter over the pieces and placing fruit on the plate then bringing it over to the table. We sat down and ate. When we finished, we grabbed our bags and headed out the door. Ochaco and I talked about the applications of this new ability on the way to school. I wonder if it could be used to heal broken bones. Izuku wouldn't have to be a frequent visitor to Recovery Girl anymore. I won't try that on him though, I don't know if it will hurt him more. Maybe I could try it on small wounds first. I was ripped from my train of thought when I saw bright green hair in the distance. Izuku and Iida were sitting at the front gate of the school surrounded by the press. We got closer and I could clearly see Izuku was overwhelmed by the sea of questions.