23

( A/n: I actually drew this awhile ago because I wanted to included it in Chapter 21 but I never got to so uhh HERE IT IS LOL. It was supposed to be a visual representation of your 'fight' with Aomine. ANYWAYS I just wanted to say I'm really grateful for your kind comments about this book and I wasn't expecting anyone to read it but thank you!)

"(L/n)-san?"

You turned your head to meet the eyes of your doctor. He walked over to your bed and placed a clipboard at the edge of the bed frame.

"How are you feeling (L/n)-san?"

"I'm doing pretty well Dr. Irie. It doesn't hurt anymore but I am a bit worried about my.... progress." You said rubbing the back of your neck.

He sighed. "I thought I told you to be careful..."

"I'm sorry. I know I should've been more careful and I should've handled the situation in a better way."

"Well the good news is nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. We scanned through your head while you were here the past couple of days and luckily nothing was wrong." He said placing a hand inside his white coat.

"Thats good." You said. "Although, my merry of that night is kind of fuzzy."

He quirked an eyebrow taking a stool next to the bed and sitting down next to it.

"What do you means (L/n)-san?"

"Well..... Looking back at it... all I remember is Kagami and just a dark silhouette of a person. I know we had a fight but... I'm not really sure what it was about..." you looked down at your palms in your lap. "Whenever I try to remember it or who that person is, I get a massive headache. It's almost as if my brain is forcing me to forget about that person."

Dr. Irie's eyes widened for a split second before they reverted to its original size.

"I see..." He stood up from his stool. "I'm going to keep you here for an extra day, I need to run some tests."

"Sure." You said leaning back onto your bed. "You don't think.... "

"I'll try my best (L/n)-san." He said as he closed the door to your room.

Sighing you looked out the window and lifted a hand to your forehead.

'Just what happened...'

Kuroko and Kagami made their way to the hospital to visit you again after the game. They wanted some reassurance after and they thought perhaps being with you could make them feel better. Kise and Midorima had informed them that you had woken up, so they were eager to check up on you.

Making their way down the hall to your room, Kagami placed a hand on the door handle and pushed the door to see you reading a book. You turned your head, hearing your door open to see the familiar duo.

A smile crossed your face as you waved a hand to them.

"Yo! How was the game?" You said with a toothy grin.

Kuroko had a small grin on his face as he and Kagami made their way to your bed, each of them taking a stool and sitting down next to you.

"We didn't win.." Kuroko said with a sulk while Kagami grunted, his arm crossed across his chest.

The smile on your face faltered as you lowered your gaze.

"I see... I'm sorry for your loss..." you clenched the white sheet of your blanket. "I wish I was there to help.."

You then felt a large, warm hand on top of your head. Looking up your gaze met with Kagami's.

"Don't worry about it idiot. Just worry about getting better." He said.